Battle Brothers - Late Game Crises

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Battle Brothers will have late game crises, that can be customized a bit:

Dev Blog #92: Late Game Crises

Here we go with a dev blog many of you have been waiting for. After ambitions and retirement, late game crises, also known as the ‘Greater Evil’, are the third aspect of adding more purpose and challenge to the game that we’re going to introduce with the upcoming update. Let’s find out what it’s all about!

The Greater Evil

Older players may remember that when Battle Brothers first entered Early Access, enemy factions would keep on growing and eventually overpower the world of man, if not kept in check by the player. For all the many balancing issues this raised, it certainly had a cool thing about it: the world was changing around you, and what you did had a tangible impact on the world. As we’re nearing the point now where all of the game mechanics are done, we’re going to re-introduce the ability of enemy factions to start an invasion and overrun the world. Only this time, it will be part of one of three different late game crises, and it will be supported by unique contracts, events and gameplay mechanics.

So, where to start? A late game crisis happening is not optional, but you do have some options on customizing them for your campaign. As you start a new campaign, you’ll be able to choose between a random late game crisis (the default), a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion or the undead arising. A random crisis is probably slightly harder, because you can’t prepare for a specific enemy right from the start, but if you prefer fighting any particular enemy, or just want to see them in action, you can determine the flavor of your future challenge here.

[...]
More information.

Well hopefully during the mid-game you'll be able to gather intel about what sort of random crisis you're going to experience...

Well hopefully during the mid-game you'll be able to gather intel about what sort of random crisis you're going to experience…

I can't wait i will try 1 game with greenskins crisis, i love smashing orcs faces :)

Well hopefully during the mid-game you'll be able to gather intel about what sort of random crisis you're going to experience…

Doesn't sound like it. That's why you have the option of choosing the crisis when you start a game.

It does sound like the crisises start out small though and wake awhile to build up to something major. So if you see early signs of the orc crisis, you may have some time to plan accordingly.

I've been watching the game closely. I think it's going to play out like this:
--> your troop is filled out at high levels
--> this is what triggers the end game challenge
--> it is much much too late to "plan", since you've made all the choices for your units when leveling up. If you specialized heavily in archery for example, the undead are going to stomp all over you, though you may have time to get different gear or weapons.

Back
Top Bottom