The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Oddly noone mentioned this one:
Randomly generated open world
Day/night cycle and dynamic weather
Build, craft and farm systems
Any object in the world is destructible
Lots of creatures, monsters, wild and peaceful animals, weapons, clothes and constructions
Generated proportions of ingredients for potions
Some monsters can be tamed to fight for you
http://store.steampowered.com/app/568570

I'm not buying as it smells like sandbox grinder, but I know there are plenty of people here who might want this.

Does not even look like a grinder. Looks like a mere game engine with devs not bothering about adding anything gameplay related.

It got rather positive reviews.

About This Game
Force of Nature is a Sandbox game that combines Action, Adventure, RPG, Strategy and Management genres.
The player will explore more than 10 different zones, each with its own unique flora and fauna. You can gather and mine resources, create weapons and clothes, build houses, different crafting tables, laboratories and grind your character. Look for useful plants, grow them on seedbeds and domesticate animals to get a stable supply of food. Build portals for faster movement around the world and use map in order not to get lost.

Also they certainly didn't hide that you grind your character :)

Looks interesting, thanks Joxer. Added it to my wish list for when I have some time ...

"Force of Nature is a Sandbox game that combines Action, Adventure, RPG, Strategy and Management genres." - Strange, given that the gameplay looks so much like all those other survival games out there. Find lots (and lots AND LOTS) of materials, build stuff, avoid dying when the monsters come out, and that's all there is to it. What's even remotely RPG'ish about this game? You develop your living space but do you develop your character? Is there a story to discover at all?

The perspective sure is odd. It's third person (almost overhead) but your character is waaaay down at the bottom of the screen! I thought the whole point of 3rd person was so you could be more aware of things going on behind your character? If you're going to restrict the view to things in front of you anyway, why not do the game in the first person?

Work, work, work. Not buying a game where I have to play as one of my redneck cousins.

Back
Top Bottom