Druidstone - Now in Alpha

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Druidstone: Secret of the Menhir Forest has reached Alpha status.

Druidstone reaches alpha!

Petri Häkkinen October 5, 2018 Uncategorized
We are glad to announce that Druidstone has just reached alpha milestone! Alpha in our terminology means that the game can now be played from the beginning to the end and all major features have been implemented. Sure, there are some rough corners and the fat and variety is still missing (more equipment, abilities and the like) but the main campaign is now there. It’s always a special moment to play through a game in development for the first time, and our very own Juho has been fully occupied with that tasks for the past days. Luckily, he encountered only three crashes (which have been fixed already) and a game breaker which caused all equipped items to get lost in the middle of the campaign (oops!).

Next week we are going to regroup, go through the feedback gathered during the alpha test and form a battle plan how to get Druidstone to beta. We suspect the TODO-list is going to be rather hefty, but this is normal and nothing to worry about.

To celebrate the milestone, below is a new screenshot from the alpha build, featuring Niederdorf Manor, an important location with a darker mood. The level is still missing beta level polish, but it already brings a nice variety to the wilderness and dungeon locations, don’t you think?

Niederdorf Manor
More information.

You've done it again RPGWatch! This is the first I've heard of this game.

The game looks really interesting (and it looks like it's going to have an Editor, so it supports modding).

But unfortunately, it's using a turn based combat system, and try as I might, I HATE turn based combat with such a passion that I simply can't play any game that uses it.

Which is a shame, cause this game looks really appealing :(

You've done it again RPGWatch! This is the first I've heard of this game.

The game looks really interesting (and it looks like it's going to have an Editor, so it supports modding).

But unfortunately, it's using a turn based combat system, and try as I might, I HATE turn based combat with such a passion that I simply can't play any game that uses it.

Which is a shame, cause this game looks really appealing :(

It does look interesting, and it's interesting how tastes vary. I love turn-based (if done well, of course) more than RTwP, or RT without Pause, though I enjoy both if, again, they're implemented well.

I really like what I've seen / heard of this game. If it's in alpha now, then a release next year seems possible. I don't mind that the player character has to be a druid as that's a pretty interesting class that doesn't get nearly as much love as warriors or (arcane) wizards... I just hope there's a significant amount of customization options available though as well as a variety of choices for your party members.

Its Grimrock people not Grimlock. Grimlock was a transformer who spoke like this 'Me Grimlock'

I still have Grimlock in a box, somewhere. When you transform him into a robot, he has an absurdly tiny head.

Back
Top Bottom