Importing from AMAZON DE?

torbadon

Watcher
I am importing TWO WORLDS 2 from AMAZON DE do to the fact it wont be out in the U.S.A intell 2011, but will be out in GERMANY on NOVEMBER 9TH, It cost me $83
dollars for the game and shipping, but I have heard that there may be additional
fees or taxes on delivery but I dont know for sure and am having trouble finding and getting any definate info., there for I am asking if any others who are importing the game may know something about if there will be added fees or taxes due, or any info. from others who may have imported a pc game before from
GERMANY to the U.S or somewhere similiar to the U.S, I live in OREGON state an I
have been told that OREGON is one of a few states that has no state or local tax,
so I am basicaly trying to determine if there will be added fees on delivery and if so how much they will be, or an estimate on their amount.
THANKS

Make sure the version you order includes english text and voices :)
(everything gets localized in germany…)

I can only agree to Kasper Fauerby.

Apart from that I can't say a thing. I've never imported from Amazon Germany yet. :p ;)

But I do understand your problem. I often ask myself similar questions regarding Amazon UK, because I want to import a few music CDs from there. And Amazon US is even more far complicated to me, because I don't know anything about taxes, customs fees etc. to be applied.

The only thing I can say for sure is that there will likely be customs fees. And the more, the bigger and the more weighing the package is.

I am told the version in GERMANY and other areas will be multi language -4 different
languages includeing english.

I am very set and determined to get the game as soon as I can, I did just here it will be available on steam -but I am not sure if it will be out the same day as the
german released version, or any other details.

Amazon.de usually ships one day before the official German release.

Your price should be 19% lower than the German price because you don't have to pay the German VAT. German end user prices always include VAT. If Amazon.de doesn't automatically deduct the VAT you should contact them for a refund.

Import tax is paid in your own country. All Amazon.de does is fill out the paper work.

But I do understand your problem. I often ask myself similar questions regarding Amazon UK, because I want to import a few music CDs from there. And Amazon US is even more far complicated to me, because I don't know anything about taxes, customs fees etc. to be applied.
As always you're overthinking the problem. But maybe your Google-Fu is strong enough to tell you whether or not the UK is inside the EU.

The only thing I can say for sure is that there will likely be customs fees. And the more, the bigger and the more weighing the package is.
Wrong. It's only about product category and value. Not size.

As always you're overthinking the problem. But maybe your Google-Fu is strong enough to tell you whether or not the UK is inside the EU.

Wrong. It's only about product category and value. Not size.
lol, but yeah I can confirm this. once i paid 50$ to customs for a corkscrew.

I don't think videogames incur any import duty on import to the USA.

(unless they're from North Korea or Cuba.)

Gogamer also offering this game btw

http://www.gogamer.com/Two-Worlds-II—I—for-PC-PC-Coming-Soon_stcVVproductId118673532VVcatId444781VVviewprod.htm

They have always been reliable for imported games in the past (for me).

That appears to be the Southpeak release which doesn't come out until January.

Edit: if I order from Amazon.de I know the game comes in 4 languages but what about the extras? Are the art books and others in English or German, can any one confirm?

Last edited:
That appears to be the Southpeak release which doesn't come out until January.

Edit: if I order from Amazon.de I know the game comes in 4 languages but what about the extras? Are the art books and others in English or German, can any one confirm?

Again, this is a guess (since I'm not German) but I would be very surprised if the books *aren't* in German. I've helped ship a few games, and AFAIR we always localized the entire package for countries like Germany, Italy and France. Language AND manual/extras.

If you're really hell-bent on importing from Europe you should probably try importing from Benelux or Denmark, where I'm from. In Denmark we always get the UK versions of games (we're too small for it to make sense to localize for us). Two Worlds 2 is out on Sunday (Nov 14th) in Denmark. When is the UK release date? I guess that would make even more sense :)

I guess the question would then be - any shops that ships worldwide? :) To be honest, I don't really know.

I've heard (on the Zuxxez forum) the standard edition is German only. If anyone is importing expecting English, you may want to order the Royal Edition. Just a heads up.

As it has been pointed out elsewhere, it's now available for EU people at gamersgate.com.

If you happened to get a standard one from Amazon.de you are not completely stuck if you have a friend with a english version-someone on the Zuxxez forum reported the language files will transfer between games

Back
Top Bottom