What games are you playing now?

I can only symphatize with him. Can't imagine staying cool with you around. :p

I'm pretty sure if you knew my brother and I IRL - you'd be sympathizing with me in this case ;)

I recommend exhausting whatever is inside Grimoire to counter codex' blind audience who won't be able to dismiss it with "but you didn't finish the game". I'd do it myself if I had time for every possible game out there.
If you're disgusted by even seeing that game's title, I recommend giving a shot with Regalia. Because you love playing games on hard mode in the first playthrough. Very interested what you'll say about hard mode in this case.

I might be playing Grimoire if it was priced lower.

Thanks for the Regalia recommendation, but I can already see that I could never get into that art style.

I'm currently playing Diablo III and also working my way through the DLC for Deus Ex: MD.

I'm playing D3 on Hard, but it still seems pathetically easy. I've yet to even use a health potion through the first 7 levels. Should I have chosen Expert difficulty right from the start?

I'm currently playing Diablo III and also working my way through the DLC for Deus Ex: MD.

I'm playing D3 on Hard, but it still seems pathetically easy. I've yet to even use a health potion through the first 7 levels. Should I have chosen Expert difficulty right from the start?

The thing about D3 is that there's no "correct" diffculty level. It's all about what you enjoy.

One might argue that the "rational" approach would be to set the difficulty so that your rate of gaining XP is optimal. That will change as you get better gear and runes for your favorite skills.

Killing low XP enemies very quickly might be faster than slowly killing high XP enemies on a harder difficulty. So, it doesn't really matter if you can survive on the higher levels if your progress is slowed down.

Well, that would be one way to look at it.

I'd say Hard is a good start - but as soon as you're equipped with decent yellows, then Expert becomes more suitable. If you remember to craft and keep your gear up to date - then this should come around quite early.

Wait until you get your first few legendaries - and then you can start on Master.

IIRC, I usually start going beyond Expert after I've killed Leoric - as that's usually the time where you've gotten your first decent items.

I found out how to better enjoy No Man's Sky.

I just needed to sit my ass down in the sofa while my PC is connected to the big screen ;)

It's strangely soothing to play with a controller and a laid-back attitude.

I am still playing The Witcher 3. Started on Dragonfall: Shadowrun and going to pick up ESO now too! :D

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. Have no idea what the hell is going on here.

I might be playing Grimoire if it was priced lower.

Me too. $15 and I'd probably jump.

Thinking of starting a Dead State run. Hardest difficulty with those extra challenge options on. Tried the other day and the game crashed after character creation. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Me too. $15 and I'd probably jump.

Thinking of starting a Dead State run. Hardest difficulty with those extra challenge options on. Tried the other day and the game crashed after character creation. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

I tried one of the earlier versions of Dead State and was far from impressed.

I have a bunch of games I'd like to start playing seriously - but I can't decide. Damn it.

Here's a few of them:

Deus Ex GMDX.
No Man's Sky
Might and Magic 6
Arkham City
Champions of Norrath

There are others, too....

This is what always happens when there's no "the one" game out :(

M&M's are the best, but they're classics. NMS sounds cool if you can get over the blindingness of the colors. I'm waiting for a sale on that one.

I'm currently playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen if I haven't mentioned it.

It's got random loot and some chests that have set items but not always the same thing. Say you'll get either the magic staff, the blessed cloak or the sword of goblin slaying each time you open a certain chest. Since I want the magic staff, I always quit and reload if I don't get it.

NMS is already on sale, or that has already been removed?
I have clocked 120 hours now in there and I really love what they did with the 1.3 patch.
I appreciate a bit less than the main quest is always sending me back to my base.
Having a base in an exploration game is more an anchor than a bonus to me.

It is a chill and cool game. Nothing stressful I have seen yet. Even the Spatial dogfighths are quite on the easy side.

I think my patience for gaming right now is too slim. I'll have to revisit gaming in general later. Can't seem to want to play much of anything.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. Have no idea what the hell is going on here.

I've read that that is fairly common with this title and to stick with it..... Be interested to hear whether it does end up being worth the time.

M&M's are the best, but they're classics. NMS sounds cool if you can get over the blindingness of the colors. I'm waiting for a sale on that one.

I'm currently playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen if I haven't mentioned it.

It's got random loot and some chests that have set items but not always the same thing. Say you'll get either the magic staff, the blessed cloak or the sword of goblin slaying each time you open a certain chest. Since I want the magic staff, I always quit and reload if I don't get it.

How are the dungeons in DD?

My current stint with ESO Morrowind came to an end couple of weeks ago. Me and my brother had good 100 or so hours out of it so can't complain.

We have now started to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Think of it as vanilla WoW. Its highly addictive in old WoW way but what keeps us playing over WoW is the setting. I guess because we haven't played much eastern MMO, the world and monster design seem new and fresh. These are things we have not seen before so it puts the fantastic back into fantasy as if it were. We look forward to seeing how new zones or what kind of wired looking monsters come across. I really like the aesthetic of this game.

People like to criticise eastern MMOs for outlandish weapons and character models but FF14 is far more realistic looking than even WoW!

Another nice thing about FF14 is the its cross play between PS4 and PC. You need to buy the game twice but you only pay sub once but can play the same charter on either PC or PS4. I wish more MMO like ESO will allow this.

Just hit level 15 in Diablo 3, and I'm already starting to get a little bored with it. I've been playing on Expert difficulty since level 7, but I'm still not finding it much of a challenge. I didn't use my first health potion until I was level 14.

Just hit level 15 in Diablo 3, and I'm already starting to get a little bored with it. I've been playing on Expert difficulty since level 7, but I'm still not finding it much of a challenge. I didn't use my first health potion until I was level 14.

Why don't you simply restart on a harder difficulty ?

Back
Top Bottom