Witcher 2 PC format review

The Witcher 2
I have an extremely difficult time trying to justify Dragon Age 2 having a 95/100 score. That is very near perfect. It's not the worst game in history but even setting aside play mechanics it was quite obviously rushed with few areas and much reuse of the ones that existed. No matter how I stretch my mind I just can't see how even the biggest fanboi can give it more than, say, an 80 and that's being generous.

I think it's reviews like that one that discredit gaming magazine reviews. Personally, I do not pay them any mind at all and wait to see what the community says on forums and also customer reviews on sites like Amazon and such.

Might not be the same reviewer, this impact pretty much all aspects of the review.

Just look at FPS players reviewing RPGs...

Are we, still, taking reviews like this seriously?

Popular news media related to gaming have excluded themselves from being taken seriously by anyone with a modicum of experience with the gaming industry.

At least, that's my position :)

I'm waiting for feedback from the Watch - though I'm sure there are a few Witcher fanboys that I need to take with a grain of salt immediately upon release.

actually fanboys aren't the problem they at least love something.
slugs though they love nothing and are constantly on the prowl at night searching for a home. they should stay away from even grains of salt though as i've heard its bad for their health.

by the way even i care for such creatures and in no way wish to cause them pain or hurt them despite their displeasing nature.

They gave Dragon Age 2 95/100 which makes their review of The Witcher 2 meaningless, regardless how positive or negative it is.
Also, using the preview build (which is 1/3 of the game max afaik) as the sole basis for the review is unprofessional.

Back
Top Bottom