• What is RP ?

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Hello.

I was wondering if people would like to have a seperate board for RPing purposes. Something like we had at the Dot (RPGDot Shadows or the Rogues' thingy) or maybe even for more complex games based on some kind of ruleset.

So what do you think about it ?

Last edited:
And who's going to set up, monitor and run this? The current staff don't really have the time!!

Every Group could have its own moderator, and if it's in groups one board can be given to every group which moderates its own group by itsself. The only work an admin would have to do is to create the group, create the forum, and set the moderator. If it's a closed group, then people can apply to join and the moderator could then accept or deny the application and delete the inactive members as well.

Unfortunately, the staff decided NOT to have any Usergroups initially!! As we're still putting in features with a high priority, usergroups may take some time before TPTB decide to implement them!!

Again, that will primarily be up to the site Admins, and I'm not one of them!! :)

I guess you mean a RPing forum, not a whole RPing message board?
We won't be having usergroups and usergroup forums in the near future. These groups tend to kill regular forums, and that's something we don't want.

Why don't you just start a RPing thread in the Off Topic forum? If there are enough people interested and many more RP threads pop up, a regular, open-to-all RPing forum could be installed one day... perhaps. But it would have to be monitored 24/7.

And I'm NOT volunteering!!!! :)

I definitely agree with starting a thread ... we can keep a general eye on things and see what would be needed. Without that I don't think it is even worthy of discussion.

Ok, that sounds good. I however don't know if I can run a RPing thread on my own. I'll try it though. Give me a week or so. (I'm not creative enough to find a whole lot of ideas in a day. I'll write an introduction to the sotry as well)

I'm game. And I know several other Shadows who might (Drake14, Rangehurts and Neo), though I'm not sure. Will ask them.

By the way, Pladio. I was going to start an event in ye olde Shadows forum back at the Dot, you can take everything from there if you want. :)

I could ... if I wouldn't be half-convinced I'd fail miserably, and totally kill the whole RP Watch idea; which would be a bummer. I've never DMed anything, nor played in the company of a DM. Heck, the ratio of solo/interaction in the MMOs I played probably stands at 100.

Then again, I could gain experience from this. I'd need a vote or two of confidence from people who've seen me roleplay before I consider doing this ... :|

So are you changing the current poll? If it is a vote for Khass starting and RP thread in the aot then perhaps this should be moved there and the poll reworked?

I voted 'yes' for the RP

If we start at the off topic forum, we should name the threads in a rather similar way: Start all threads with the name. excample: Shadows profile thread, Shadows marketplace, Shadows undercity, ...

If you try to use more than one thread, they will likely get separated and lost in the OT forum. I'd stick with just one for now. We tried 3 threads a few years ago in the NFG for something similar, and even there it became quite messy!!

Could someone explain to me what you all are talking about? Some form of message board role-playing? A text thing where people message back and forth to play, or what?

I have a vague recollection of reading about usergroups in Vernor Vinge novels, but that's it. :)

Back
Top Bottom