Looking for some help..

dstick

Traveler
I recently downloaded the demo for Arx Fatalis, installed it but it always fails to
launch. I downloaded it on my dad's computer and it worked fine there. So it obviously doesn't like my system.

I'm running WinXP, DX9.0C, Radeon x300 and SB Audigy 2 ZS. I've updated my sound and video drivers and did a few things that I saw on other boards but still no luck.

Now the really bad news. I already ordered the full game and am worried that it won't run on my system. But maybe with the updated patches it will work. I'll cross that bridge when i get there.

For now it would be great play the demo. If anyone has some ideas please let me know. I have posted on a few other boards out there but still no luck. Thanks for you help.

Try posting this in the Tech Help forum also. Do you have XP service pack 2? Have you tried from a clean boot status?(i.e., without anti-virus etc running in the background?)I have never played the game and am not much help, but someone else may do better.

Good Luck.

I might be wrong, But I think Arx needed some weird video codec Microsoft no longer shipped with WinXP for free.

edit: It´s Intel Indeo 5, a standard codec in the good old days.

Use at your own risk.

Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna try and email the guys at Arkane too.

Back
Top Bottom