What is important in an ARPG?

1. Imagine you are playing an ARPG, what kind of thoughts or images do you associate with that in general?
Fireworks.
2. According to your own experience, what kind of problems or shortcomings do ARPGs typically have?
Boring movement.
3. When you think about buying an ARPG, which features, elements or other game attributes do you think about?
The ones it has.
4. What do you expect from ARPGs in the future?
Imitations of older commercial successes updated with modern business trends like DLC.

I remember the phrase Hack'n'Slash was all the rage in the 90s, it was almost its own genre. And then no-one ever used it again. You might see people use the term here and there, but does Hack'n'Slash mean anything to anyone anymore? What games made nowadays would we once have referred to as Hack'n'Slash?

When I hear Hack n' slay I think of an arpg dungeon crawler where you face hordes of opponents you just have to click on to kill, say as opposed to the dark souls type arpg dungeon crawler where you have less but far more challenging opponents.

For an ARPG or hack & slash game? Production standard. Especially animation. Look up Lost Ark.

Back
Top Bottom