Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Release Date

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The release date for Shadowrun: Hong Kong is set for August 20th, 2015 andwill be available on Steam, GoG, & Humble Bundle on that day at 10am PST.

Estimating, scheduling and delivering something as complex as SR:HK is tough and I’m extremely proud of the entire team for their focus, dedication, and hard work. I’d like to say a special thank you to our ace Producer, Chris Klimecky and my co-Director, Mike McCain for their work in getting the game to you on time. Mike joined me at the helm a ways back so I could dedicate more time to writing, and his work has been first rate - just like it was on Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut.

The game’s really coming together and it’s amazing to see the team’s hard work and creative collaboration on-screen. Making games is an incredible challenge but making games with these folks is an absolute pleasure.

We’ll be sending out another update in the next couple of weeks regarding how to get your keys from BackerKit and an update on all the remaining Kickstarter rewards.
And here is the 2-year launch anniversary update video.

More information.

The old trend of announcing release dates half a year or more prior to the date seems to be dying out.

In this case they actually keep their promise during the Kickstarter, of releasing the game on August 2015 to the backers.
Then again, I think most people assume those dates to be very imprecise, so it is still somewhat of a surprise.

I think they said that they were already pretty far along in the development cycle when the Kickstarter campaign began, it was mostly for the funds to have additional features.

I am glad to see it releasing so soon, October was the expected date when I backed it, instead of having to wait a long time like the others I have backed. I still don't have Grim Dawn, the very first kickstarter I backed. I know I could play it now on Steam Early Access if I wanted to, but I mean the finished product.

Edit: Looking back I guess August was the original expected release date, just certain pledge levels had later release dates.

Last edited:
Everything looks better!

I can't wait to play with the improved matrix and magic system!

The graphics and animations are a major improvement too!

I'll be playing it for story but pretty psyched!!

Back
Top Bottom