Red Solstice questions

Unrestigered

Banned
Is this game (in single player) a real rpg, or is it more of a tactics game like Aarklash Legacy that was on complete rails with no character generation, etc?

I'm only interested in single player. Are there quests, some sort of shop, what are the rpg elements? Is there a game or games that have played similar to it?

Why don't I watch a gameplay trailer of people playing the game? I did watch the trailer/video, and I actually tried watching a video of someone playing, but I literally can't. For me it is like trying to read the dictionary, my mind zone outs and thinks of boobies or interesting things and by the time I remember I'm supposed to be paying attention its half over, I try to pay attention and no. I just can't.

All I heard about the game:

Great, if you play in coop mode.

Hello!

TRS is not a true RPG if compared to Baldurs gate or similar. Your characters levelup and gain points you can use to increase different stats, you unlock new equipment and abilities, but there are no shops, quests in a typical RPG-ish sense and so on. I really don't know what I'd compare the game to. some have compared it to alien breed but I think it's missing a point since in TRS you can't go in rambo style and shoot stuff. You have to position your men carefully, use your abilities at the right moment, lure big guys over explosives and blow them up etc.

I work for Ironward so I won't tell you if the game is good or not, but if you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Cheers!

Davor

Hello!

TRS is not a true RPG if compared to Baldurs gate or similar. Your characters levelup and gain points you can use to increase different stats, you unlock new equipment and abilities, but there are no shops, quests in a typical RPG-ish sense and so on. I really don't know what I'd compare the game to. some have compared it to alien breed but I think it's missing a point since in TRS you can't go in rambo style and shoot stuff. You have to position your men carefully, use your abilities at the right moment, lure big guys over explosives and blow them up etc.

I work for Ironward so I won't tell you if the game is good or not, but if you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Cheers!

Davor

Thank you very much for the reply

It is RPG, it has combat, it has quests, it has character progression system, it has story, it has character customization, it has graphics, it has soundtrack, and it does not focus on role playing. It is RPG.

Back
Top Bottom