Beijing Olympics 2008 Thread!

Remus

Antihero
I hope this thread would become the place to discuss all the happenings during the Olympics.

Anyway anyone have link(s) to an online live streaming/broadcast? I'm excited about the opening ceremony this Friday but i had a crappy TV set (my PC monitor is much bigger and better).

Please share any websites that providing interesting information, updates, and results of the games!

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing

http://en.beijing2008.cn/

I'll be out with a friend of mine this Friday. I still like to see something about the olympics, but the last few years I got a bit disgusted by the media. I don't like it that they make of an everyday story a big one all the time. A little bit of overinfo I think.

great start for sweden losing to china in ladies football! At least I can still cheer hihihihi.

Well I'll be watching the opening ceremony for sure..Intresting to see what kind of show China can pull of and whether we can see any free tibet signs out there.. ;)

The thing that always bugs me is how much of the time for US TV is spent on 'up close & personal' compared to actual sports ... heck, I would like to see more non-US stuff as well ...

NBA star (Dallas Mavs) Dirk Nowitzki will join an elite group of athletes chosen to carry the German flag during the parade of 205 nations at the Olympic opening ceremony in Beijing's National Stadium.

Go Dirkster!

The thing that always bugs me is how much of the time for US TV is spent on 'up close & personal' compared to actual sports ... heck, I would like to see more non-US stuff as well ...

I think that's the same in every country. With the olympics in Athens, we had the same problem of not getting enough footage of the actual sports.

Half hour into opening ceremony now, awesome. The preparation and efforts for it must been staggering.

I'm no fan of China but even I have to admit the opening ceremony was amazing. Although, all those people dancing together in unison reminded me of North Korean "Dear Leader" ceremonies.

The LCD screen was very cool and as my friend pointed out, it was made in Taiwan. :) They must have some great screen protector on it for all those people to stand on it, wish mine was that good ;)

Last edited:
I almost spilled the coffee seeing the torch bearer flying and running up the wall. That is what will happens if you hire a filmmaker to direct a Olympics opening ceremony.

Didn't you think that was a bit over the top, literally, although when he lit the scroll on fire at the end that was pretty cool. It just took him forever to fly around.

I enjoyed it, though I find the parochialism of the TV presenters annoying.

To see other disciplines that are maybe not broadcasted in your country, you could try CCTV5 (Chinese Central Television), available as a live stream via TVU Networks (google for "TVU player" or something).

If you want better quality streams and speak German, you can try www.sport.ard.de and www.sport.zdf.de for several concurrent live streams.

NBA star (Dallas Mavs) Dirk Nowitzki will join an elite group of athletes chosen to carry the German flag during the parade of 205 nations at the Olympic opening ceremony in Beijing's National Stadium.

Go Dirkster!

Actually, it seems there are only 204 nations. Brunei did not register in time.

I almost spilled the coffee seeing the torch bearer flying and running up the wall. That is what will happens if you hire a filmmaker to direct a Olympics opening ceremony.

Hehe true..Its gonna hard to beat that. Maybe in the next olympics they will teleport the torch bearer :D

I am completely uninterested in sports, but I can appreciate the history and philosophy behind the event.

Wow it was so amazing! I took time to look at it entirely! Now I am watching the replay! Truly amazing! They have been practicing for over 10 months!

True, but it's not easy and very often to have the chance to host the Olympics!, they may as well do the most in every aspects....

Back
Top Bottom