Gothic 3 - New Official Patch Coming Soon!

I'm guessing it's like the other patches where some fixes won't work if you've already encountered the quest/bug. I'm almost tempted to restart my game, but I hope I won't have to.

Well, that's a nice surprise.

I think I got a little over half-way through the game so this will finally give me incentive to start over and finish it.

Hard to say. They´re working on memory management. Sounds like they´re digging a little deeper than with the older patches.
I would wait until 1.6, and then a couple of days to give them enough time to find out which 1.6 patch is final. ;)

WoG posted that one more patch is planned. It will for example correctly implement environmental sounds like waterfalls.

The positive effects of the technical improvements will probably be much bigger than it seems now. They work as a multiplier and give the CPT something to build on.

Unlikely. Everybody expects them to use Vison because they have experience with it.
I guess the reason SB is helping with the patch is that JoWooD decided funding a man-year of coding is a relatively cheap way of getting a lot of positve buzz for themselves and for SB. In that case SB didn´t have much choice. All they can do is take the money and deliver solid work without pissing anybody off. PB is just an hour away.
The latter would also explain why the patch notes are so detailed. They want to make sure they come over as "neutral". Marketing might have tried to spin them around a little.

Yes, seems what little I know from lack of speaking German, PB wrote the majority of their own engine so and the rest was third party, so Spellbound would have to license it.

If they do manage to make all these fixes I would mind if they made G4 with the G3 engine.

I agree, and I wouldn't have any problems with PBs next game using the engine either - if you have a computer good enough to actually run G3 on full settings, there's hardly a game in the world that is as beautiful (except Crysis and a few other FPS games, obviously), and certainly no RPGs.

I assume that PB is also capable of removing those leaks, so if they re-use the engine, the next game should be solid.

AI & Combat - enemies should not queue up 1 by 1...

It would be nice if they did something about the bug/farcical design choice that prevents any more than *one* enemy actually engaging you in combat at any time. It grates so bad to see enemies standing still waiting for you to slaughter their comrades before they get involved.

Enemy AI and combat are crucial to G3's gameplay, so each successive patch ignoring them (after years of patching) is mindboggling.

The combat system won´t be fixed anytime soon. It´s not even clear if it´s possible.

The combat system won´t be fixed anytime soon. It´s not even clear if it´s possible.

Thats bad, I feel combat system atm almost unplayable. If you cant change orcs fighting you one by one, maybe you could reduce blockking hits, and add counter hits , so orcs would offer more challenge even they fight one by one, and for balance reduce potion cooldowns, so you could run bit off-combat and drink potion when it gets too hot.

Back
Top Bottom