Horizon's Gate - Launched on Steam

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The tactical RPG Horizon's Gate has been launched on Steam.

Voyage into the wide world of Eral as an explorer, trader, or privateer. Defeat your enemies on land or at sea in deep but straightforward tactical combat. Unravel the secrets behind Dominio's betrayal - or sail off in search of your own adventure.

• Engage in deep but straightforward tactical combat on land or at sea
  • Explore the world in your ship, then disembark to explore dungeons with your crew
  • Create your crew from 8 playable races, unlock 34 classes, learn & upgrade 150+ abilities, and equip your choice of 100+ passive abilities
  • Build a devastating combat fleet of Ice Reavers and Sea Serpents - or sail past trouble with a small but swift fleet
  • Serve under one of three factions, amass wealth as a trader, or become a reviled pirate
  • Abilities are good for more than just combat - freeze a river to cross it, or grow seeds into vines to scale mountains!
  • Unique fantasy setting - not one elf, orc or goblin in sight
  • Built using the same engine, mechanics, and setting as the highly-rated Voidspire Tactics and Alvora Tactics (however, knowledge of those games is NOT required for Horizon's Gate!)

Thanks Matt.

More information.

Hoped for another Sea Dogs instabuy clone and then watched the trailer. And… Can I somehow unsee this?

I'll probably give this a try. Voidspire and Alvora are both interesting games. Not amazing, but with enough promise that they make me curious to see what else the developer comes up with.

Love what i am seeing, spontaneously bought it.

I'll probably give this a try. Voidspire and Alvora are both interesting games. Not amazing, but with enough promise that they make me curious to see what else the developer comes up with.

I really thought about buying one of these games as they were highly praised at the codex, but I just can't get past the visuals, and I can look past a lot when it comes to graphics.

Looks...cute. If it's playable on the phone (*joxer gasp*) then sure, but PC time is WAY to limited and the backlog to large.

Looks…cute. If it's playable on the phone (*joxer gasp*) then sure, but PC time is WAY to limited and the backlog to large.
Too complex for phone. Lots of numbers and stuff.. ;)
Honestly it may look like your tiny cute rpgmaker game, but it has so much going on mechanism wise, its a totally refreshing game play experience. And the gfx are not that bad when you are in game. Quite a pleasant experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom