Dragon Age 2 - Characters Varric and Isabela

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Hold onto your hats boys and girls because here come the characters for Dragon Age 2. First up we have Varric:

"I know everyone in this city. Well, everyone worth knowing."

Words are his trade, exaggeration his specialty—Varric can make or break a legend without lifting a finger. Born into a merchant guild, Varric never knew a dwarven homeland, and has never worked the Stone. He prefers a warm tavern fire, a mug that never empties, a willing audience, and an unwilling subject. He can spin a grand story of Ancestors and Paragons—or anything you like—but it’s not out of reverence. Truth is just another commodity. History is written by the victors, but it can also be written by Varric, who then decides the victors. If you want profit, look to his brother, Bartrand, a scoundrel with a true head for business. But if you want to be remembered, Varric is your man.
Next we have Isabela:

"I win because I cheat, Kitten. I thought that was obvious."

Isabela is the pirate scourge of two coastlines, four nations, and countless tavern floors. She's equally skilled with dagger and insult, and it's hard to know which cuts deeper. It's rare to see her in one place for long, but with her ship reduced to timbers, Isabela's had to content herself with whatever bounty Kirkwall has to offer. And that means no end of headaches for the rich and foolish, and no end of amusement for her. She's as desired as she is feared, which is to say, a lot and often. Fall on her blade, or at her feet—a win is a win, in her book. Shipwrecked, hounded, Isabela hasn't decided if she's cornered yet. She's having too much fun.
Click the links for screenshots of the characters.
More information.

Color me unimpressed. I've played these characters in about a half-dozen other rpgs. Isebela might be interesting if they have some decent writing and a good voice actor.

Anyone want to bet she's a love interest? Sounds like she is going to take the place of Morrigan. Not exactly a bad thing, but the voice actress never be as good as Claudia Black. I've had a fancrush on her ever since she was in Farscape and Stargate.

Some more informations gathered from the official forums.

Varric is the "main" storyteller of Dragon Age 2. He's the guy responsible for the exaggerated combat, sort of. His crossbow is called Bianca. He's voiced by Brian Bloom.

Isabela was a minor character in Dragon Age: Origins. She was the teacher for the duelist speciality. Her look was revamped and she got a new VO, she was voiced by the same actress as Anora, but BioWare didn't want to have the same VO for 2 "important" characters.

Edit:
You can see Hawke kiss Isabela in a few fast paced videos clips of the first CGI trailer.

Wicket W. Varric

;)

Besides : Yes, I remember that Varric being the storyteller from the early beginning of DA2 … The video of a man telling a woman a story about the main character …

Color me unimpressed. I've played these characters in about a half-dozen other rpgs. Isebela might be interesting if they have some decent writing and a good voice actor.

Anyone want to bet she's a love interest? Sounds like she is going to take the place of Morrigan. Not exactly a bad thing, but the voice actress never be as good as Claudia Black. I've had a fancrush on her ever since she was in Farscape and Stargate.

I believe Mike or one of the writers already revealed Isebela was a love interest. Will see if I can track down the post when I get home.

EDIT: From the way they describe Varric they are giving themselves a ton of wiggle room to alter anything they like about the game story.

EDIT: From the way they describe Varric they are giving themselves a ton of wiggle room to alter anything they like about the game story.

They already did so.

The first few exaggerated fights of the beginning from the game (until that dragon appears) vs. "this is the true story" of the later parts of the game.

Back
Top Bottom