New Dragon Age Game - Expectations

I don't know where you read that in his post. He was saying that the first two titles had both straight and gay romances, the third had bestiality, and he expects the next will have pedophilia. There's no equation, and if there were, he'd also equate straight romances with pedophilia.

You can pretty much guarantee they'll never do romance with Nazi's. Some things are sacred.

The very same PCG praised Bioware's "theme park" design in DA:I when the game appeared. Every mainstream gaming site was extatic. After crowning it as GOTY, suddenly articles appeared with titles "leave Hinterlands" or "filler problem in DA:I", I mean, did they all praise a game without playing it first?

Exactly like in case of good old Oblivion. The praise is initial obligation of paid/fake media. Later they can write anything they want.

wisdom said:
Please use 150 Origin points to open this door.

You see some chests and dead enemy in a room.

Check dead body - nothing

First chest - rusty dagger inside:
could be lockpicked for free

Second chest - great magical sword of perfect balance inside
open only for 200 Origin points

I'm reminded of Bethesda's reintroduction of paid mods. With luck, we'll never see mini-transactions piled on top of each other in game.

"Mai'q knows many things others do not".

[Persuade] "It is imperative that I find the Emperor, and I bet you know where he is."
"Who are you?"
"Where can I find Vvardenfell?" I'm a wandering traveler and I've always wanted to visit such a wondrous place.
[100 Bethesda Points] "If you know so much, then show me where the Godsword is."

"You travel to Imurgak. Amidst the ruins, a steady mist impairs you. You decide to step into the decayed fort. Upon entering, a rotten stench befouls this decrepit home of the gods. You descend a set of spiral stairs. Light fades as you drift downward into a room of tombstones, barely visible to your strained eyes. In a distant corner behind these forgotten graves you spot the chest, dimly lit by a lone candle. What do you do?"

[Use lockpick]
[Use "Shout"]
[Leave it alone]
[[200 Bethesda points]] [Look under the chest for the key]

I do hope this is not the way of the future, but it does look grim. Mini-transactions are already a sight to see, but I imagine two (or more) allocated to a single quest. What a dreadful thought.

Last edited:
Well, I think the path is crystal clear... F2P and micro-transactions.

That said, I'm sure whatever it is won't be very good. DA:O was a pretty good game and I thought DA:I was decent if you stuck to the story and ignored most of the filler. Still, there's an overarching direction to all their games that is slowly pushing them away from the kind of RPG gaming I love. ME4 is an example of that. Bioware are like an ex who you drift apart from... different directions, different priorities and our lives shall never cross again.

BTW, I'm saddened by all the sheep hate on here. They're warm and comforting creatures (at least, that's what I've heard!). :anxious:

I hate to ask, but how much more actiony can they get after DA:I? Combat was a cascading rainbow of anime effects, with sparkles and fast-forwarded ninja moves.

Serious question, how can it get worse?

They did went overboard there...good luck seeing anything when dealing with more than one mage.
But I'm thinking of player having more manual control when it comes to movement, targeting, etc.
Actually, something like Dragon's Dogma would work well here.

Ah, yes. The obligatory de-evolution of a Bioware thread into someone equating homosexuality with pedophilia.

Edit: Also, you seem to be suggesting that the Iron Bull romance was 'bestiality'. So what you're saying is, despite the fact that he is both mentally and physically almost entirely an adult humanoid except for having horns, you're equating that to someone, for example, fucking a sheep. So you're either selectively dumb in service to shoehorning in homophobic comments on a topic that didn't really give you a lead in to it, or you're just plain dumb.

Thank you - you put this far better than I would have!

Ah, yes. The obligatory de-evolution of a Bioware thread into someone equating homosexuality with pedophilia.

Edit: Also, you seem to be suggesting that the Iron Bull romance was 'bestiality'. So what you're saying is, despite the fact that he is both mentally and physically almost entirely an adult humanoid except for having horns, you're equating that to someone, for example, fucking a sheep. So you're either selectively dumb in service to shoehorning in homophobic comments on a topic that didn't really give you a lead in to it, or you're just plain dumb.

Well to be fair, they are communists who were screwing around with Dragons, so 'bestiality' isn't that far off.

Communists and dragons?
For all I know, Dragon Age doesn't take place in North Korea.

My post has nothing to do with homosexuality, but with how Bioware is going overboard and what I expect from them.

And yes, the Iron Bull was almost bestiality no matter how much degenerates that like that pretend it was not.
So my point stands, next stop is some child like looking race that also lets you fuck them. And people will say but they are not humans, they just look like human children. It is all OK, go screw the child.. new race.

My post has nothing to do with homosexuality, but with how Bioware is going overboard and what I expect from them.

And yes, the Iron Bull was almost bestiality no matter how much degenerates that like that pretend it was not.
So my point stands, next stop is some child like looking race that also lets you fuck them. And people will say but they are not humans, they just look like human children. It is all OK, go screw the child.. new race.

I agree with you that Bioware is going way overboard with appeasing minorities*. However I don't understand why is "Iron Bull was almost bestiality" is it because he has horns? Do you also claim sex with any alien in Mass Effect is also "bestiality"? I don't understand your reasoning.

* I am minority in that I am not white and it would never bother me if my race isn't represented in their game. In fact I prefer the current Bioware to not to represent my race!

I agree with you that Bioware is going way overboard with appeasing minorities*. However I don't understand why is "Iron Bull was almost bestiality" is it because he has horns? Do you also claim sex with any alien in Mass Effect is also "bestiality"? I don't understand your reasoning.

* I am minority in that I am not white and it would never bother me if my race isn't represented in their game. In fact I prefer the current Bioware to not to represent my race!
If you look at the whole world, white race is the minority.

They're going to need to rename you to Elongated Man, because your reaching requires superhumanly long and stretchy arms to get there. Here, let my try out your logic: Asari are blue skinned and many people like to romance them. Corpses are also often blue, so the next step in a sci-fi game romance is clearly necrophilia.

Your argument's asinine.

I don't have expectations where Bioware is concerned. Seems they're still experimenting with new ways to do old paradigms - so I don't want to disappoint myself by expecting the wrong thing.

As for what I would personally want, it would be more along the lines of Neverwinter Nights and cooperative multiplayer. Meaning, a game with much better character/loot progression and the option to share the experience with friends.

If they want to stick with the formula of Dragon Age - then I would be fine with a game like DA:I without the MMO structure and with much more tactical control during combat.

Beyond those flaws, it was very good - in my opinion.

They're going to need to rename you to Elongated Man, because your reaching requires superhumanly long and stretchy arms to get there. Here, let my try out your logic: Asari are blue skinned and many people like to romance them. Corpses are also often blue, so the next step in a sci-fi game romance is clearly necrophilia.

Your argument's asinine.
While you might think I am reaching, you will not be laughing when I am right.

I didn't think DA:I was as horrible as most of you seem to indicate. I dislike the business model that punish early purchases (i.e, it is still cheaper to get the dlcs via buying the full game then to buy just the dlcs). I also hate the EA mandate for MP in everything.
-
I mean if they would just look at witcher 3 and skyrim they could see that lots of money can be made if they focus on a quality SP game.
-
As for DA:O vs DA:I (mechanics); i'm not sure they both work for me. I think DA:I is far more vast (DA:O had many areas that just were kind of small and not that interesting); but the story in DA:O was tighter and better written while the sub-plots (side stories) were (imho) better in DA:I.
-
I just hope they do a decent SP game with a focus on story/writing and interesting areas to explore and not waste so much money/time on vast nothingness or how to work MP into a SP game.

Back
Top Bottom