Mass Effect Andromeda: 4K Gameplay

So they merging this with the AssCreed universe huh? Because those columns with the carved patterns looked exactly like some of Desmond Miles' excursions inside the Animus :) .

They also need to work on removing the irritating flickering. That was pretty annoying and hopefully just a console "feature".

Oh well. I'll get this when the GOTY sells for €19.99 or less (or €9.99 and less if reviews aren't all 10/10 and 9/10) so they will hopefully have patched it up properly by then.

So they merging this with the AssCreed universe huh? Because those columns with the carved patterns looked exactly like some of Desmond Miles' excursions inside the Animus :) .

Agree, very familiar. More worrisome is lack of any dialogue options. Not sure about main protagonist...seems bland, I guess?
Elex wins when it comes to jetpack though. :p

4K isn't interesting to me. How well this can be made to work with 3D Vision is more interesting - or a VR version.

I'm sure there's no dialog because the whole point of the video is to show 4K resolution. Text isn't impressive once you get much above 1024x768. ;)

4K looks good on large TVs. 4K textures and stuff are very crisp and look good.

VR RPGs are also interesting to me. A VR Elder Scrolls game is what I'm waiting for!

4K isn't interesting to me. How well this can be made to work with 3D Vision is more interesting - or a VR version.

I'm sure there's no dialog because the whole point of the video is to show 4K resolution. Text isn't impressive once you get much above 1024x768. ;)

4k and the stereo images needed for 3d both require higher end GPU power, so designing a machine for one is helpful for the other.

4k for consoles is a gimmick for most people. At normal TV sizes and viewing distances, the eye can't resolve the difference. Makes more difference for monitors, where you sit very close, or enormous luxury TVs and projectors. The HDR stuff makes way more difference than 4k, but the monitors and TVs at that level are not mainstream, yet.

4K and since it's not advertised: no hairworks/tressFX.
I bow down in front of that PR, fantastic job on hiding someone's incompetence.

4k for consoles is a gimmick for most people. At normal TV sizes and viewing distances, the eye can't resolve the difference. Makes more difference for monitors, where you sit very close, or enormous luxury TVs and projectors.

On consoles it's definitely a gimmick, since the technology for the upcoming Xbox/Playstation consoles is only being advertised as capable of doing 4K VIDEO and not actually 4K gaming.

There is a chart out there that shows how 4K can be seen from various sizes of the screen and distances. Mine is about 2.5 feet from my face as I use it as a monitor/TV combo. From this distance things in 4K look really good. Amazing even. And when I'm using it as a TV I sit farther back and it still looks good, although I haven't really tried playing 4K stuff and watching from a distance.

I heard that 4K is good for very large screens, since it's a higher resolution. 1080p on this screen actually looks pretty poor in comparison, which is weird to me because at one time 1080p was simply amazing and I never really noticed the "flaws".

4K for me is basically like coming from standard definition to high definition all over again. It's pretty impressive.

Yeah, that's when it matters - at PC monitor range, or massive TV sizes. Where is doesn't make sense is for average TV sizes at typical TV viewing distances. A 4k TV might still strike you as having a superior picture, even beyond the perceptible limit of the resolution, because the other aspects of the picture are improving too - colour fidelity and contrast range. Those actually make a much bigger difference to image quality than the actual resolution.

The TVs and monitors to get are the ones with the Ultra Premium HD badge, though they're very pricy right now. Those are certified to have 10bit colour and massive HDR, and they really are a leap from current displays.

Is there even that much content in 4K yet? Awhile back when I did my Oblivion in 4K series, it was the only one on YouTube at the time. A year or so ago there didn't seem to be much video content in 4K at all. I heard that my cable company is going to offer 4K programming sometime, don't know when, but that should be interesting.

Is there even that much content in 4K yet? Awhile back when I did my Oblivion in 4K series, it was the only one on YouTube at the time. A year or so ago there didn't seem to be much video content in 4K at all. I heard that my cable company is going to offer 4K programming sometime, don't know when, but that should be interesting.

There's not much 4k content out there, just a few blurays and some limited quality streaming. From what I understand, though, there's going to be quite a major push at some point. There was talk about how 1080p was never really pushed by broadcasters, but that there is now going to be a massive upgrade to broadcast technology to standardise on 4kUHD.

It'll be a while before games are being mastered to make use of 10bit colour and true HDR, but its good to see that Sony is pushing for that with the new PS4.

We're kinda straying into the tech forum but you lost me at 10bit color and I had to look it up. 10bits PER CHANNEL. That's strikes me as even more silly than 4K. At least 4K is better if you get up close. 8 bits per color channel already has so many extra colors that you can hide messages in the less significant bits without anyone being able to see the change in the image.

Not sure about the video but Im sure the ps4 version wont be 4k but upscaled 4k. Real resolution is much lower.

It is for the new PS4 neo, which is especially made for playing in 4k, so I doubt that it'd be upscaled.

No it's up scaled not native 4K for the ps4pro. 1080p up scaled to 4K.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/09/07/ps4-pros-4k-output-is-upscaled-not-native/224790/

Well, it looks like this is disputed, for example read here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-on-ps4-pro-will-have-native-4k-from-day-one

It might be so that the native 4k version is not finished yet for mass effect, so for the demo they used a upscaled 1080p one, it'll always be an option to run like that if one wants to.

Back
Top Bottom