The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Jay Barnson's has released a flythrough video of his upcoming game
Frayed Knights 2: The Khan of Wrath
:

Read about his convention experiences here - ToshoCON Postmortem:
Friday night, I took the Frayed Knights show on the road to ToshoCON, which is kind of a mini-convention for teens put on by the Viridian Library and Events Center. It was kind of a weird situation, because we weren’t really exhibitors / vendors (they were elsewhere and had to pay for the privilege)… we were actually more like the entertainment.

It apparently went well… we were thanked and invited back next year. So… I guess from the organizer’s perspective, it was a success. Cool. From our perspective… well, my wife asked me going into it, “What do you hope to get out of this?” That was a little more fuzzy. We couldn’t sell. It was really just a chance to watch people play Frayed Knights 2 for the first time and see what worked and what didn’t, so I could maybe make some adjustments. Especially with the planned showing at the “big event” a few days later, at Salt Lake Gaming Con.
[…]
More information.

Can't wait to play this one - the first part was fun.

Can't wait to play this one - the first part was fun.

The one part that was sadly less fun was that the environments were pretty barren, there was little to do. The sequel would be far better if the world felt a bit more alive, if that's possible in spite of budgetary concerns.

Last edited:
meant to buy the first one a while back, finally did today and look forward to playing tonight.

Looks good, big improvement graphically. :)

Was that the Predator on the balcony?! :D

Daniel.

Hopefully this one doesn't have a Search function that can result in party wipes due to insane random encounters.

Tried 2 playthroughs of the first one, and quit in frustration both times around the same place...

Nope, not a predator. He's a necromancer. Only, not really. Story thing. It's complicated. One of the themes of Khan of Wrath is "things aren't always as they appear."

Searching is still there, but it's a kinder, gentler function.

I could say completion date is "when it's done," but that'd be pretty useless. We've had to juggle with artist availability a little bit, which has definitely hurt. We have our own internal milestones which I'm going to be revisiting at the end of this month, depending on how some resources become available. But I've got a new artist involved as of a couple of weeks ago, and if we can get the art to be relatively CONSISTENT (a problem with game #1), that should help us regain momentum.

I'm pretty tired of it NOT being released already.

At what point do I become the next Cleve? Anyone?

Funky, I'll look forward to it. :)

I still think you should KS it so you can quit your day job and become a full time game maker. :p

Daniel.

Keep up the good work Jay - loved the first game and excited for this one as well!

Back
Top Bottom