Deus Ex: MD - Jensen Actor Interview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
VG24/7 interviewed the actor behind Jensen in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided who almost wasn't in it. They discuss his career and some behind the scenes things.

"So if you go watch the performance captured scenes in Mankind Divided, they're my favourite," Toufexis says. "Because they're subtle, they're realistic, every little movement I'm making is captured. It's very human, and I love that about it. And it makes it much more engrossing, for me, than when I'm being very stoic and then another actor is capturing my body. Personally I think Human Revolution is the better game, but acting and performance-wise, I like Mankind Divided better."

One of the things that makes Human Revolution the better game is that it feels like a proper, standalone experience. Mankind Divided feels like the first two acts in a larger story and ends abruptly, cutting Jensen's story short.

"Yeah, I'm not too ecstatic about that," Toufexis admits. "What had happened was - and I don't want to step on anybody's toes, so I'm going to be vague - we had filmed about two months of an entire game, and it was going to be a completed game, if I remember correctly, and me and a couple other people had a big problem with where the story was going, and it wasn't working. So they rewrote the entire thing, and they made it much bigger."

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Very good interview. Toufexis' acting is a big reason why I enjoyed both games so much, and I'm glad that at least in his view the MD ending makes sense from the perspective of the last game in the trilogy (if that is ever made, hopefully soon).

Back
Top Bottom