Solasta - Primal Calling DLC

I hope future DLCs focus on new areas and quests. I'm glad they added the Barbarian and Druid, but I don't think we need anymore classes at this point, and I hate when you have to purchase DLC just to have all the class options.
I agree. Well, more classes would be welcome but the price of the game and the DLC should not become extravagant, 40 + 10 EUR here for a relatively short experience, at the same price as WotR Core Edition... And even if Solasta is half its price at the moment, most bought it earlier and are just buying the DLC at this point.

On the other hand, I understand they'd like to take advantage of what they have to make enough money for further developments.

I never play Barb or Druid, neither class has ever appealed to me. Yet I'm going to buy this DLC just to support the studio because Solasta was fantastic and I want more of it, a lot more. I'm pretty sure they're a small studio and they're making the kind of game I want to play 24/7 so I'll put my money where my mouth is.

I picked this up and am pumped to play a Druid. Any recommendations for a good user-made modules?

Ruins of Ilthismar. It's updated with the new features, 45 maps, and really shows off what is possible with the map-maker. Takes 30+ hours to finish. I'm really excited about what can be done with new modules.

I made a new party and the Druid doesn't disappoint with his spirit bear eating dirty little bandits. Trying the sorcerer and barbarian also.

I'm glad it seems to be attracting a keen community of modders, and so on. It's very much the sort of indie project I like to see. If they can make the module editor really capable, I think they could become quite a big deal.

I keep reading reviews that say the game is rather tough on older computers, and as mine is about ten years old, is this still a legitimate concern? I mean I know I'd most likely love the game, yet not worth risking the health of my computer on.

I keep reading reviews that say the game is rather tough on older computers, and as mine is about ten years old, is this still a legitimate concern? I mean I know I'd most likely love the game, yet not worth risking the health of my computer on.

It does seem to have optimization issues but whether or not this is a concern is a matter of some debate. GPU usage % tends to be higher than it ought to considering the graphics. But if this concerns you, it can probably be alleviated by dialing down the graphics settings (especially shadows and / or volumetric lighting). For my own part I tend to think that as long as the temperatures aren't getting crazy and my fans don't sound especially loud I'm not going to worry about it. If your PC meets the min requirements I suspect it will run fine.

Not only old computers, the worst problems I've seen were on the RTX 3xxx series, but some older cards made computer reboot too. I don't think it would actually damage anything (except maybe if you hear the fans going crazy and you let that running for hours).

What graphic card do you currently have?

I can give you a saved file that illustrates the problem. If you don't see anything on your end, you should be safe. Only few cards are impacted.

EDIT:

Here's the file, fan100.sav, you can put that into this folder, start Solasta, load this game and see what your system thinks about it. If it gets crazy even after tuning the graphics settings, just ask for a refund.

Capping the framerate to 60 FPS helps, sometimes (for nVidia it's a setting in their control panel).

c:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Tactical Adventures\Solasta\Saves\fan100.sav

Download link

Last edited:
The New World MMO and a modded-out Fallout 4 were way harder on my computer than Solasta. New World was fun for about 2 weeks and then I lost interest fast. Seems like they were getting the GPU usage down some the last few times I played.

Solasta is really shaping up nicely and I think I will be trying a lot of these new campaigns. Will even try and make something I think.

The New World MMO and a modded-out Fallout 4 were way harder on my computer than Solasta. New World was fun for about 2 weeks and then I lost interest fast. Seems like they were getting the GPU usage down some the last few times I played.

Solasta is really shaping up nicely and I think I will be trying a lot of these new campaigns. Will even try and make something I think.

I made a small dungeon for the first CODM contest. While I'm not sure I'd recommend playing it as I was learning how the DM worked and the one person I'm aware of who played it had a hard time as he missed powerful equipment. But it's up on Steam and also consolidated as part of a larger campaign.

Now working on my second map for the CODM2 contest. At the risk of making another "competitor" for myself I encourage you to make and submit a small map for the contest. Good opportunity to learn the basics and maybe win a prize.

Very nice I will have to check out your maps. I made a 1 level dungeon when the Dungeon Maker was first released. Hastar's Domain. Was packed with monsters, traps, and treasure. Was just learning the DM also. Could go from lvl 2-8 :) was loaded with fights.

Hotfix (beta)

Another hotfix on the beta branch.
[Public Beta] Version 1.2.12 Hotfix
Changelog
  • Fixed a minor issue that could happen when swapping weapons in the menu
  • Fixed an error that would occur when saving/loading after a Druid would revert from Wildshape due to losing all their HP.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to load a cutscene or leave a location while concentrating on Sunbeam (spell)
  • Removed the ability to drop Produce Flame & Flame Blade on the floor to avoid weird quantum shenanigans from happening
  • Fixed an annoying bug that would make a Fighting Style disappear if you cancelled the level up process after choosing one.
  • Fixed a potential skip in Lava Forest that would break the quest flow if you teleported through a hidden path.
  • Potential fix for Mac issues with Volumetric lighting glitch.
  • Improved stability by fixing some minor glitches happening in the background (invisible to players, but we do receive small error messages on our end :D)

I had this free on gamepass, but unable to mod, so its got a great deal on steam so got addon and main game....

You guys are bad influences.

Back
Top Bottom