Gothic 3 1 question about Faring

grammo

Watcher
Guys, i have a question about reputation in Faring: To get into the castle is needed 75% right? But all the quests around faring provide just 75% rep OR more? Because i failed the hunter quest(That where u have to sell a pelt for 500 gold and u must be honest and say that u only get 400) and now i am stuck at 70% rep and i have no more quests to do!
Thanks and bye :)

Can't you just reload?
I really can't list all the quest possible, but the only way into All of the Castles/Leaders is to do all the quest.
Are you just playing strict RPG rules where you don't reload?

I can reload, but i like to play with some rules, 1 of those is to try to reload as less as possible.
Thank you btw

What if you're playing a thief?

does being a thief imply you are a liar as well? besides wouldn't a 'good' thief just manipulate the whole situation to gain their trust, scheming to when he could rob them both of everything later on...

did you complete the troll hunting quest? this is another quest that gains you a lot of reputation. one for just following the hunter, right up to the trolls faces, which means you man have to restart until he triggers a conversation and then you get more when you kill them all. keeping the hunter alive is tough as well as theres nearly a dozen scavengers that get in the way if not dealt with first.

No, haven't gone hunting Trolls yet, I tend to skip around doing one quest here and another there!! :)

Well you can I decided to kill the first two alone, then killing the third with the Hunter at the campfire to complete the quest and yes you have to wait for him to start a dialogue as you near the Trolls and one after you defeat the Trolls to get the maximum XP and Rep.

Guys, i have a question about reputation in Faring: To get into the castle is needed 75% right? But all the quests around faring provide just 75% rep OR more? Because i failed the hunter quest(That where u have to sell a pelt for 500 gold and u must be honest and say that u only get 400) and now i am stuck at 70% rep and i have no more quests to do!
Thanks and bye :)

I really loved this small quest. Small and short but VERY rewarding. I was so amaized when the hunter admired my honesty. Its not an important sidequest, but its roleplaying in it's purest form :)

I really loved this small quest. Small and short but VERY rewarding. I was so amaized when the hunter admired my honesty. Its not an important sidequest, but its roleplaying in it's purest form :)
I fully agree. Albeit, this particular location (Faring with all of its quest) was as "intense" as the "feeling" ever got in G3. Alright, I'll stop couching my frustration here ;-).

Couch away, I fully agree. :)
Now we know what Gothic light is like to play, who knows in 6 months or a year it may actually be the great game it could/should be. :)

Did the German voice actors remain the same for the DE version?
I am betting it is and I am so jealous, it was bad enough being forced to play it in a Beta state but the English audience lost part of the appeal and foundness of the game with the loss of the voices we came to associate with Gothic. :(

Did the German voice actors remain the same for the DE version?
I am betting it is and I am so jealous, it was bad enough being forced to play it in a Beta state but the English audience lost part of the appeal and foundness of the game with the loss of the voices we came to associate with Gothic. :(
A few remained the same (like the hero's voice), others, such as Lee, Saturas, Lares ... (AFAIK the German voice actor for Saturas died a few years ago, for instance) were changed. Personally, I don't think that it really matters, as the only one you'll hear talking for more than a few minutes is the hero, anyways.

So as it is some time since this discussion ended, did anyone find any other way to enter the castle? I've done all the quests I can find there. I failed the hunter quest and - as I see from the description above - did not get max. from the troll quest. Usually there are more quests in each town that provide you with more reputation than the needed 75% limit. Faring is exception? I went around the whole town again today and did not find anything more to do there...

And if it is not possible for me to enter the castle, is it necessary or very important to enter it?

Thanks

I think it is only important if you are siding with the orcs. There is quite a bit of exp to be made in the castle arena if you are champion of the mora sul arena as well as the one outside faring castle. About 15,000 exp or so. There are also 2 crappy merchants and the inner keep requires 75% orc relations to get inside so you probably not gonna get in there without siding with the orcs.

If you talk to the innkeeper about the hunters after doing his quest to distribute the beer he tells you that you should be honest with the hunters....kind of late for most people though as they would have already done that quest at that stage....the other major problem is that if you fail that quest you also miss on out a whole chain of quests (hunting the lurkers with wilson) that would give you more than enough to get in the castle

Last edited:
Are you guys failing the Troll skin quest because your RPing a crook or a tightwad (not sure if this translates well, maybe stingy would be better word)? ;)

It's only a 100 gp and you get much more exp for it and rep, it's a good value for the gp.
Thats a really nice thing about Gothic games, the ratio of exp per gp is very stable and I can't ever recall getting a bad deal of giving gp and not getting at least equal exp, which is what lifes all about, exp! :D

Back
Top Bottom