What is your Prediction About Fallout 4?

TheProduct

Watcher
I made a video recently talking about Fallout 3/Bethesda Fanboys and my concerns about Fallout 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSWVvOxhayk

My main concern was that it was going to be dumbed down more than what Fallout 3 was .. I enjoyed New Vegas alot so I don't mind the game being a FPS/RPG (even though I prefer CRPG) I just the hope the game focuses more on the Role playing elements than the shooting ones! I wasen't a big fan of the way the dialouge is and the fact that the main character has a voice either … If you like Fallout 3 thats perfectly fine and I'm not calling everyone that likes it a fanboy .. I was just talking about the fanboys. What is your prediction about Fallout 4?

I'm a fanboy, so can't answer this. I predict, this is the one game to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.

My prediction is that it will be the same as Fallout 3, just a different set of quests.

I am also a happy fanboy so can't comment with an objective opinion … but happy to give a very subjective one.

I hope it is more like FNV and less like FO3 as FNV is probably my favorite of the series.

I dislike what I have seen so far as the start of the game and can only hope the wife and kid stay dead but somehow suspect that "you are the sole survivor" of the vault doesn't include the kid and you will run into them later in the game (else why go to all that trouble of making one in the first place).

I predict I will enjoy the game based on a ratio of how much the wife/kid show up in the later game references with +50 points given to the enjoyment side for simply having the dog.

If the game constantly references my character as being married with a kid (even if they are dead) it will take away a lot of points though. I like these games for being sandbox games where I get to make my own character - not have them defined by the game. If I want that I can play ME or Witcher games.

A shallow, exploration heavy, amusement park with perks. Gee, I wonder if I've had enough of these yet. Yep, thanks for reminding me to pre-order…. :/

I'll love it. I'll enjoy it. I'll have fun with it. For the next hundred hours I'll be bored to death with it. I'll restart it with a few hundred mods installed with it. Then I'll finish it.

Bethesda is basically creating games for everyone, my impression of direction behind their games …SIMS+Minecraft+Rpg+action game+open world.
But the trade off is a game that is invigorating and impressive at first, but you begin to realize how shallow and weak it is the further you manage delve in it… with the mods making you forget about it at least for a while and adding a hell of a lot of toys you get to play with.

My main concern was that it was going to be dumbed down more than what Fallout 3 was ..
Examples of ways of this happening?

On this site, surmises were that, to cater to the console audience, the removal of FO3 features hardcore mode like necessity of eating, drinking was expected.
This expectation was described as a dumbing down move made compulsory by the console audience.

In the light of recent information, it appears that not only the features are kept (as announced) but they are going to be extended to the normal mode (not announced)

As the removal of the features were supposed to be dumbing down, the extension of the features should be considered as the opposite of dumbing down.

Yet not that many people who claimed the dumbing down move have shown up to declare that Bethesda made the opposite of dumbing down.

Ways of dumbing down must be announced beforehand to get any value.

It is clear that, once released, people wont shy from depicting anything and everything as dumbing down.

For whatever reason I just could not get into the story of FNV. I thought the whole story premise was pretty dumb actually and it needed more mutants. F3 I enjoyed more, it just had more character. And more mutants.

I've never particularly liked the VATS combat either but I don't expect the combat to change much.

Well, the ID guys did give Fallout 4's combat a look-see and then they tweaked the system as much as they could based on that feedback. I imagine it to be slightly better, but still not comparable to a true shooter.

Chien is right about them adding in some survivalist type of stuff. Not sure if it is optional or not, but radiation mitigation, food, and water are supposedly necessary in Fallout 4 as the default.

grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrind…

But since no cap so you can't hit and stop on level 100 in 10 minutes nailing endless mobrespawns a la Skyrim…

…grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrind!

I expect nothing. Or should I says, I expect more of Fallout 3/Skyrim with upgraded systems.

I'm not pre-ordering though, I will wait for the GOTY/Legendary edition with all the DLCs/expansions that will be released in 2 years for half the price.

I predict a boring shell of a game that I will buy regardless because my gf is a Fallout nut. I also predict she won't like the FPS combat and I will regret my purchase.

grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrind…

But since no cap so you can't hit and stop on level 100 in 10 minutes nailing endless mobrespawns a la Skyrim…

…grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrind!

Joxer tries to do Fallout IV quests:

zD4X8.gif

But seriously, I think there will be a lot less amount of chores than in Skyrim...F3 had only a handfull of side quests in comparison and most were solid enough.
Also Wasteland setting works to advantage here, compared to TES, since it makes a small number of people in a large world scale a lot more believable.

The more hyped, the less interested I am. To me, games, series, movies, whatever, with much 'news' about nothing, content wise, with screaming promotions, massive merchandise, have always turned out to be a disappointment.

Fallout 4 does not appeal to me. I regard it as a sort of big Mac - I 'hate' McDonalds. So yeah, my prediction is it will be a huge success. :)

McDonalds came here at one time but never got nearly as popular as in USA. I'm not sure if they're all still open.
It was not because no taste, no content, promotions and hype, but because it faced a competition that was already present with nonGMO food and better prices.

The question is:
Does Fallout have it's competition? Anywhere?

So far, I'd say no.
At least not before next year when we're about to see several openworld sci fi RPGs (DX:MD, Technomancer, ME4 and Elex). Even if those don't quite "stir the pot", that leaves Cyberpunk 2077.

btw I bought BoS hoodie, vault101 hoodie and vault101 sneakers on official Bethesda store ages ago. While it's all actually "made in China", that merchandise is not a disappointment.

The more hyped, the less interested I am. To me, games, series, movies, whatever, with much 'news' about nothing, content wise, with screaming promotions, massive merchandise, have always turned out to be a disappointment.

It depends on the game for me. The Witcher 3 had a lot of hype, and it didn't disappoint.

I think FO4 is going to be really good, but like most Bethesda games, it'll probably need mods to achieve that. Unfortunately for me, I don't have time to wait for the good mods. I have to play it at release because my gaming time is going to be extremely limited after November.

My biggest fear is a lack of challenge. Fallout 3 without mods was way too easy, and I've got a feeling that FO4 is going to be even less challenging.

Back
Top Bottom