Kickstarter - Dungeon Master Pro: Online Character Sheet

But this also carries a much higher funding goal so who knows if they'll ever get funded.

It is also fully a service while this project can be bought. Considering the nature of RPGs, it means paying for a service nearly for all your life and it also forces people who play with you to pay for the same service, which is very likely to mean troubles in the middle term.

I'm sorry, but this sounds like a pure money grab.

I must always translate it first ... "Grab" means "grave" or "tomb" in German language ... which gives sentences like this a special double-meaning ... ;)

(Gambling Machines are often coined (pun indended ;) ) as "Groschengrab" here, with the "Groschen" meaning the lowest coins of the currency; the "Groschen" was original a real regional currency when Germany consisted of several, individual states 200 years or so ago. I think the Groschen was Bavarian's currency.)

InKarnate ultimately looks expensive, with its subscription model plans. It doesn't seem to add anything I don't have with Fantasy Grounds, either. So I don't see the point there!

The reason why the DM Pro app was interesting was because of the hip VTT's on Google+ that don't have built in character management. How many VTT apps do there really have to be? :)

DM PRO still seems like the best bet, elegant, simple, not too much money, plus a free version.

Yeah, after thinking it over a bit the InKarnate subscription model might be a tough sell for a lot of folks. I thought the DM Pro one has a subscription system as well, but if you pledge $35+ you get lifetime access. I think they will ultimately appeal to different audiences. Some will like the more indie approach of DM Pro, while others will be drawn to the high level of polish and presentation in InKarnate.

It looks like they posted a bit of a demo of the DM Pro sheet online: http://dmpro.jhkuperus.jit.su/sheet.html

Back
Top Bottom