A proper farewell

That's quite touching - even for cold DArt ;)

I was meaning to reply to each and every one of you, but I guess enough is enough.

Appropriately, my trusty gamer rig gave me the finger and killed itself without any clue as to the cause. So I have my hands full trying to figure out if it's the CPU/mobo or whatever, hehe.

Writing this on the computer I gave my girlfriend ;)

Anyway, I'm going to confirm deletion after this post.

Honestly, I never expected to be so missed around here. I think most of you have had your wordy battles with me - and I have no doubt I've been one giant pain in the ass for all of you, here and there.

It speaks of the tolerance and grasp of the Watch that someone as "alternatively minded" as myself can feel so welcome here.

I wish I had more time in everyday life - as I'm surely going to miss exchanging with you, especially about new and upcoming games. It will be a struggle to resist participating in some form - and that's why I need to be deleted.

All the best to all of the Watch - even the nutters and the people who like to touch themselves when looking in the mirror ;)

Farewell. You will be missed.

That opening post is quality :) See you on the beach DArt. Best of luck.

Apparently, Dartagnan's account was already deleted, since his username isn't showing up on "Members List" page.

Well Dartagnan, farewell and good luck to you!

Live long and prosper!

Farewell. The Watch will be a bit less entertaining without you.

Nice strategy, delete the acc so my ignorelist entry gets void. :)

Grudgeholding is my speciality, but since it's about permanent departure, I'll add a secret how to melt the stonecold heart of people like me as you'll find more than one out there. Help the lowest of my brothers for no reward but just because and don't talk about it.

Won't be reading through all of the thread and can't say cya because I don't plan worldtrips.
Good luck.

Best of luck, DArt!

You were definitely one of the more prolific posters around, cranking up the average words posted daily. :) The Watch will be a little emptier.

You can say a lot of things about DArt, both good and bad. But all in all, I liked him and I am sad to see him go.

More than once, when reading his comments while at work, I was tempted to reply but I knew I would be dragged into a stamina contest à la DArt. It is OK to take an occasional break at work and read some RPGWATCH with a cup of coffee…but at work I am supposed to …well, work :) …and I knew that I simply hadn't the time to engage in a long forum conversion, no matter how interesting.

Anyway, I hope all the best for DArt.

Sorry to see you go DArt, your posts were always enjoyable and interesting to read whether I agreed or not with them.
You were a big personality here and won't be easily replaced.

Hope to see you back sometime in the future, till then take care and the best of luck.

A sad farewell, you were one of the posters I would skim through a thread to read.

Thanks, and goodbye to you old frenemy :)

And goodbye to everyone else as well. Never saying never, but in the month or so I have been gone ... I have not missed it. My gaming volume is way down, meaning I get bogged down in pointless debates mostly with people I would rather not talk to at all - or people I would like to talk to about subjects we hold in common.

Take care :)

Thanks, and goodbye to you old frenemy :)

And goodbye to everyone else as well. Never saying never, but in the month or so I have been gone … I have not missed it. My gaming volume is way down, meaning I get bogged down in pointless debates mostly with people I would rather not talk to at all - or people I would like to talk to about subjects we hold in common.

Take care :)

Whatever Mike, now just get your butt back in here.

I liked Dartagnan and found myself to frequently agree with him on games and on other topics. I will miss him. I liked that he was never afraid to disagree or call out people when he thought they erred, all the while remaining respectful. More people should be like that.

Didn't even know of this thread until today, as I rarely visit forums that aren't dedicated to RPGs.

At any rate, see you around buddy. I assume you'll be back once Cyberpunk or something similar gets you overly excited. :)

Edit: And I'll try to get the review out before most people have managed to download the game, heh.

Back
Top Bottom