Biggest Potential Disappointments of 2015

I don't care about any of games on that list and I probably won't play them even if reviews are good.
For me biggest potential disappointment is Massive chalice, I read lot of early access impression and it doesn't look good.

Why not copy the list? It's:

10: No Man's Sky
9: Evolve
8: Quantum Break
7: Final Fantasy XV
6: Hellraid
5: Battlefield Hardline
4: Godus
3: Fable Legends
2: The Division
1: The Order: 1886

For some never heard of. I mean, that #1 entry, what's that?

Others, I have no expectations nor planned to buy them, so I can't be disappointed into something I don't care about. For example, Final Fantasy? Fifteenth?! Hell if I care for a game I didn't play fourteen prequels.

The only game I will buy there is No Man's Sky. I dunno what is it about (they said only - exploration). What genre? What you'll do? Besides it's devs, only god knows an answer to that. What we know is that it has weird and crazy graphics. Unless they decided to change those artistic textures into generic MMOish ones, there is no way that game can disappoint anyone.

The Order: 1886 looks like some sort of steampunk shooter. It could be one hell of a sweet setting if they do it well but some early indications haven't been positive. It's also a PS4 exclusive.

No Man's will have a hard time disappointing me, too. Even if there isn't much gameplay, I'll have lots of fun just collecting screenshots. And didn't they say Rift compatible at some point?

I couldn't care less about any of them. For me, PoE and TW3 are the potential hit or miss games of 2015. They both have the potential to be amazing, but there's also a chance they're trying to do too much and will end up in a Gothic 3 situation.

I couldn't care less about any of them. For me, PoE and TW3 are the potential hit or miss games of 2015. They both have the potential to be amazing, but there's also a chance they're trying to do too much and will end up in a Gothic 3 situation.

Those are the only two games I am following right now myself.

I didn't even know a single game on that list.

Glad I wasn't the only one not to recognize any of those. I mean I've heard of FF and Fable, but I've never played any of them.

Pillars of Eternity looks ToEE-ish to me, so I've lowered my expectations. This might be another time where Obsidian thinks they know best and totally f-up a good idea.

I was one of the few who vastly prefered The Witcher to the Witcher 2. I found W2 to be very twitchy and more of an action game than an rpg. TW3 looks like even more twitch. It's very pretty though.

My potential biggest disappointment would be Shards of Enderal. I hope that SureAI learned some valuable lessons from Nehrim that will repair the story and make for a more enjoyable sequel. They are masters of level design, so I have no worries on that side of things.

The Order will only be another Gears of War clone, a big disappointment for sure. FF XV looks like a very ambitious project so I doubt it disappoints.

I think anything from Double Fine studios.

I don't care about any of games on that list and I probably won't play them even if reviews are good.
For me biggest potential disappointment is Massive chalice, I read lot of early access impression and it doesn't look good.

I did back MC, but half thought at the time that it was possibly a make work project, that had been dreamed up to cash in on Kickstarter notoriety - a bit like Chris Taylor's Wildman, for instance, which (probably thankfully) didn't get funded. Still, I haven't got round to looking at it yet, so haven't written it off.

Godus has already been released on mobile. :/

I was one of the few who vastly prefered The Witcher to the Witcher 2. I found W2 to be very twitchy and more of an action game than an rpg. TW3 looks like even more twitch. It's very pretty though.

I also much preferred Witcher 1 :) Witcher 2 was all about the story and the actual gameplay suffered significantly, for example exploration was extremely railroaded with artificial barriers including an invisible wall in chapter 2 - you still have the amulet but can't go back through the purple fog until you happen to trigger a certain plot point after which quests get closed off even though you can f'ing return to that zone later.

For me, the one I am most worried about is PoE, even though it also has the potential to be one of the biggest hits, i am praying they get it right. I already bought the expansion not sure if that was a mistake yet (as well as a CE).

The better a game has the potential to be, the bigger the potential disappointment is. If The Order 1886 turns out to be garbage, then that means little to mean, I won't be disappointed, because I fully expect the game to be garbage. Why? Because the developers felt the need to lie about the game long before it's release, that's never a good sign. The lie from their side was "30 fps is better than 60 fps", which I don't understand how someone could possibly believe. If they said "Well, we think it's worth sacrificing a bit of performance for more eyecandy", I would probably not have agreed with them, but at least I could have seen where they were coming from. Fable also falls under the category of "I fully expect it to be garbage", but here it is due to the series track record, with Fable 1 being a rather mediocre (but not horrible) game and Fable 3 actually being utter garbage (nice looking garbage, but still garbage).

I think focusing on things that could potentially be disappointing is sort of a defective way of looking at things.

I would prefer to think about which games could be the biggest pleasant surprises rather than disappointments.

Just a thought :)

We could start a "Biggest Potential Surprises of 2015" where we list off games that are likely to be crappy but might end up being fun. :)

The biggest disappointment of 2015 could and might be the delay of the Witcher3 until 2016.

Now it would be a disappointment that I don't get to spend an insanely amount on a new machine to play and I have to wait. But will not be completely disappointment if they did come out and say this as I wan the game to be as close to perfect as they can make it.

We could start a "Biggest Potential Surprises of 2015" where we list off games that are likely to be crappy but might end up being fun. :)
Grimoire. :evilgrin:

Kind of a silly thread really when you consider the undiluted unadulterated fact that everything has the potential to be disappointing, it all depends upon what one was expecting in the first place. :)

Building oneself up out of hype or carrying unwieldy expectations of a game is likely to engender more disappointment if particular ideals aren't met.

Kind of a silly thread really when you consider the undiluted unadulterated fact that everything has the potential to be disappointing, it all depends upon what one was expecting in the first place. :)

As with virtually any ranking list, it's based on somebody's opinion. The main benefit of such lists is that they provide some talking points (and in this case perhaps some motivation not to disappoint).

Back
Top Bottom