The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

DDO Sales & Epic XP Bonus Weekend

Sales this week include 50% off on the ToEE pack, 35% off on the Warlock class and 75% off on Sovereign Guild Renown Potions.

And there's an epic XP bonus of 25% for this weekend.

Thanks for the update, I bought the Warlock and with JM's assistance made a level 7 vet 2 build which we ran through Korthos. Fun little class.

ML 26 for epic greensteel sounds nice. That means we can use them for quite a few levels when we ETR. However, it probably means that Thunderforged weapons won't be as useful.

Turbine also posted that Epic greensteel with both be weapons and accessories, but no handwraps. No info about rings or armor.

I suggest you can craft the same epic greensteel items as you could for regular greensteel. I guess Turbine don't dare to mess with the greensteel crafting code trying to add new item types there.

Turbine said they expect a lot of info about epic greensteel posted today on the forums.

What's the plan for today? Anyone we know won't show up so we can't continue on the 13's?

If we do the 13's then we have Offering of Blood in the desert and Necro 3 quests to do (if we do Necro 3 at all). Good thing about Necro 3 is that the quests give a lot of XP. So just these 5 quests should get everybody to level 14.

An alternative to Necro 3 would be House J quests (And the Dead shall rise, Dreams of insanity, From beyond the grave, The enemy within). Made to Order in house K is a possibility too.

All my epic toons are level 24 at the moment (working on getting my paladin to 25, then my arti and monk to 25). That should be in the level range where they can run any epic quest if we get an epic group running.

I believe we had a couple people that needed Necro3 for their Silver Flame trinket. Those folks are, of course, responsible for highly compensating the rest of us for the agony of Rat Maze.

My plan was to run as little of the Desert as possible. It's actually my favorite quest pack, but the only packs we slog thru more often are Gianthold and the Vale (which I'll also attempt to steer us away from this life). Trying to give us a little variety, even if we end up running some stuff a little under-level. So, we'll probably knock out Necro3 tonight and see where that leaves everyone XP-wise. Rat Maze takes half of forever and I'm betting CM will be short-timing if she plays at all, so I figure we'll be lucky to finish Necro3 tonight.

Guess I'll have time to cook and eat lunch today while some of you are busy with the rat maze; I could also probably finish reading War and Peace as well. It has to be the most annoying waste of time quest ever invented.

Guess I'll have time to cook and eat lunch today while some of you are busy with the rat maze; I could also probably finish reading War and Peace as well. It has to be the most annoying waste of time quest ever invented.

That would be Coal Chamber. In Coal Chamber, you could write War and Peace while you wait.

While Coal Chamber is annoying, it does have a couple of redeeming qualities; the rat maze has none. The great necro swim is second on my current list!! :)

Plan for next full session:
- get everyone up to level14 via bar quests we usually skip. Dead Shall Rise, Spawn of Whisperdoom, Dreams of Insanity, Beyond the Grave.
- take 14. I think several of us will have extensive dressing to do, I know Bot will.

And then:
- Wiz King, Chains of Flame, Dairy Queen
- See where that leaves everyone XP-wise. We're going to see increasing spread between the 2nd/3rd lifers and the tome/no tome folks, so it will be a little tougher to keep everyone together.

Very likely that I'm out this week. Sorry.

I expect to be there, but am not sure how long I'll last. I'm recovering from "cataracts part 1" (right eye), & it's left me a lot more drained than I expected (taking a lot of naps). Vision is still a bit fuzzy in that eye still, as well, so gaming is a bit tough right now.

Perhaps we should consider taking a short break over the holiday season!!

Corwin might be right. Looking ahead, the Wild Dogs are cheering a game next Friday so I'll very likely be out for next week. The week after that is Christmas Day. I'd probably be good for the next Friday (New Year's Day), but others might still be in the thrall of New Year's Eve debauchery. In summary for me, 11DEC likely out, 18DEC out, 25DEC holiday, 01JAN, in.

If we want to coordinate some catch-as-catch-can, I can delve into The Big Book and The Alternate Not Quite So Big Book and the Epic Ick Ick Book and put some plans together that people can run whenever a handful of us happen to be online at the same time, but that's up to the group.

Wouldn't it be easier to just say that we expect at least one absentee each session until past New Year so the 13's are parked.

That means those who have time to play show up at the regular time and then we improvise something as usual. It only takes 2 to create a group. :)

I say lets just fake it. We can run whatever on whoever. I have lowbies not tied to any group and my epics…So don't put yourself out Dte, unless you see a chain we were doing that we should not run without all of us here.

Lets take a pole on who will be around on Jan 1? I plan to be here.

Wouldn't it be easier to just say that we expect at least one absentee each session until past New Year so the 13's are parked.
Goodgawd, man, that's not nearly complicated enough! You don't even have a dog on a treadmill chasing JM's cats included in your solution. :p

My thinking was that we might be able to get the folks that are behind on their 13s caught up via "catch as catch can" over the next few weeks without Corwin, Az, and Savage Dragon (I think those three were the ones that were a good bit ahead on ranks) having to get stuck on the wall in the process. That way we come out of the holidays with everybody having taken 14 and ready for level 12 quests. I don't have a burning need to go that route, but I was throwing it out there.

Any variation works for me. I'm used to living at the wall (is there any other state?), so it's all fine. I vote for the catch as can method, & let the ones needing to catch up work it out. If you need a trapper, yell.

As far as attendance, I'm probably not going to be around Christmas day, but on the others I'lll probably be around. Probably being the operative word. As far as today, well, I'm about to take another nap. Hopefully will wake up before it's time to run.

And, sales this week include 35% off inventory space & shared bank crafting storage, and 50% off constitution tomes & keys of fate.

There's also a +2 loot boost on this weekend.

Got mine up to 14 running a few bar quests….have not taken it yet….so can run with who ever still needs to get level.

Back
Top Bottom