The Fellowship Saga - Announcement

Turn Based Blobber with decent graphics using 5th edition D&D rules? Fuck yea!

Added to my watchlist. At least they have the ol' goblin deathrattle implemented well :) (at 4:00).

A first person turn based blobber, hmm that's cool, but it would cohere better if you could at least see the other party members around you as you select each character. This is a disjointed way to present a first person perspective. It could at least flip from each character to the next as you select them instead this seamless character transfer seems jarring.
In the melee combat we can see a bit of the weakness of 5th edition melee combat mechanics, there are not many options for fighters, barbarians and rangers, especially on the lower levels, a lot of repetitive same actions. The fighter's options of weapon master with maneuvers is the one good exception. The Eldritch Knight has more options but is not a really good overall class.

A first person turn based blobber, hmm that's cool, but it would cohere better if you could at least see the other party members around you as you select each character. This is a disjointed way to present a first person perspective. It could at least flip from each character to the next as you select them instead this seamless character transfer seems jarring.
In the melee combat we can see a bit of the weakness of 5th edition melee combat mechanics, there are not many options for fighters, barbarians and rangers, especially on the lower levels, a lot of repetitive same actions. The fighter's options of weapon master with maneuvers is the one good exception. The Eldritch Knight has more options but is not a really good overall class.
Blobber means everyone has same eyes. And not having lots of options for low level fighters is just how blobbers of old worked :)

Blobber means everyone has same eyes. And not having lots of options for low level fighters is just how blobbers of old worked :)

Yeah just thinking about 5th edition's simplified rules compared to 3.5, especially for melee combat classes, it has very few options.
-There's no moves like grapple, trip, bull rush written.
-There's usually no cool melee feats taken by characters like Cleave, Mobility, Dodge, Spring attack, Whirlwind attack, Parry, etc. because taking an ability score increase instead of a feat is usually the best choice.
-There's no Attacks of opportunity nor tumble

So most melee fighters(no weapon master), barbarians and rangers end up just doing the same singular basic attack on and on, gets real repetitive.

Being a party based game alleviates the repetition, though I hope the developers get some new ideas to make it more interesting for melee classes.

I just played the Demo. You could get your party to lvl 3. I did not encounter any bugs and followed 5e rules very closely. I finished the demo in one sitting that lasted 3 hours. Time flew by and was upset when I reached the end. Wanted to keep playing.

I could not figure out how to use Hunters Mark for my ranger and my fighter rolled a 1 each time he leveled up for HPs. My wizard had the same amount of HP as my fighter :blush:.

Really looking forward to playing the full release and will throw extra money at the creator if he has a supporter pack or buy some extra copies to give away. BRAVO :party:

Back
Top Bottom