Phoenix Point - Gameplay Demo

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
ChristopherOdd played through the gameplay demo for Phoenix Point which will be apart of the upcoming player Alpha.

Phoenix Point is the new strategy game from the creator of the original X-COM series. It features turn-based tactics and world based strategy in a fight against a terrifying, alien menace. 👇🏻 MORE INFO DOWN BELOW 👇🏻

[...]

Thanks Pladio!
More information.

The game looks like it's taken a lot of elements from XCOM 2 and some from other similar games and made the tactical combat more interesting.

The demo is simply a preview, but it looks like it could become a very good game.

I really want to see what the strategic layer looks like. I found that part the least interesting in XCOM 2. Hoping they can improve upon it.

I really want to see what the strategic layer looks like. I found that part the least interesting in XCOM 2. Hoping they can improve upon it.

Yeah. Although I will always love the originals I can live with the changes to tactical combat in XCOM to make it more mainstream, with just some minor changes I would probably even prefer the new system to the old one (som of which seems to make their way into PP, like moving in several steps). But the simplification of the Geoscape is just sad. I want MORE options in the strategic layer, not fewer. And a living world where you can shoot UFO's down before they peform terror missions etc. will always be a lot more fun than the static strategic layers in XCOM and XCOM2.

Multiple interceptors and the possibility to actually control the skies late game is a lot more fun.

Looks a lot like XCOM, as expected. I love XCOM anyway. It seems interesting, but I would like them to bring more to the table. Also, I would like to see more "non-crab-like" aliens. All the enemies that I have seen so far look like crabs, I don't particularly like it (but I don't know why, lol).

Back
Top Bottom