Grimoire - Initial (and only) impressions @ RPS

lmao @ monocled connoisseur. This game has spawned some hilarious stuff at least. :D

I'm going to co-opt the phrase as a euphemism for our purposes, so I can express myself without technically breaking the rules. As in, "He's a bit of monocled connoisseur, that one."

so luj finally came out of the closet! I did have my suspicions but I thought that somebody's monocled connoisseuriness is his private business…

Grimoire is like a prestigious dish for monocled connoisseurs. Casuals gonna hate cause they don't get it. Not unlike people who cannot appreciate Citizen Kane or Tarkovsky. ...

Hey Lisa Ann, Solaris was boring! If Grimoire is anything like that George Clooney pic, maybe I won't buy it.

Every Grimoire thread I see has posts which are definitely on the line of Poe's law.

I think, though, that Poe's law might have fallen somewhat behind the times of the strange evolution of internet culture. What I see these days, is that things that once began as ironic and subversive meta-humour, have actually mutated into something of more signicance that than their seemingly trivial nature; that certain ongoing jokes and memes are actually shibboleths that identify members of a certain ideological group, who are, in their way, quite serious.

Grimoire is like a prestigious dish for monocled connoisseurs. Casuals gonna hate cause they don't get it..

I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur of games. I get it.

I think if you looked objectively at it you'd see that the amount of content is ruined by the poor production values.

Neither that or my curiosity about what it will throw at me next means that I can abide the grind, the desperately cumbersome user interface or the sound that makes me want to throw my speakers into the sea.

I also consider myself a connoisseur of reviews and this guy gets it.

I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur of games. I get it.

I think if you looked objectively at it you'd see that the amount of content is ruined by the poor production values.

I also consider myself a connoisseur of reviews and this guy gets it.

Your avatar looks like a penis.

Hey Lisa Ann, Solaris was boring! If Grimoire is anything like that George Clooney pic, maybe I won't buy it.

I think he meant the soviet version, which was directed by Andrei Tarkovsky (the movie is boring as hell, but very interesting).

Clooney ahahahah :D :D . Well thanks for proving my point... Whether it's classic cinema or classic RPG, certain stuff is simply TIERS above your average pleb!

Last edited:
Btw my man Fluent rated PoE 10/10 and up until recently thought its normal that dungeon crawlers have multiplayer (a self-proclaimed "PC gamer extraordinaire"). Therefore any opinions he might have regarding RPGs are on peasant-level and carry no weight whatsoever.

Don't bring me into this. Just go back and play your DOTA and everyone is cool. :D

Yea yea, three among 569784566556345665 others. :p

But I'll just wait till luj gets his hands on The Last Remnant and then searches through the forum what you and me wrote about that one. :evilgrin:

Last Remnant is cool. Looking back I wouldn't give it a 10/10, though. Solid 8, for sure.

Jeanne D'Arc on the other hand... :biggrin: . That's working on a 9.

Every Grimoire thread I see has posts which are definitely on the line of Poe's law.

If you are talking about me, I like ride that fine edge. It seems to have worked by Lisa's response. Or do you mean him? There's seems to be a lot of candidates here. :rolleyes:

Btw my man Fluent rated PoE 10/10 and up until recently thought its normal that dungeon crawlers have multiplayer (a self-proclaimed "PC gamer extraordinaire"). Therefore any opinions he might have regarding RPGs are on peasant-level and carry no weight whatsoever.

Which PoE? I hear PoE is good but PoE on the other hand is roundly criticized by people who supported it. I liked PoE in spite of the combat and the lack of diversity in classes. I haven't played PoE though.

The ultimate nightmare: The game finally gets released and it's just... meh.

Though I don't think the game is entirely meh, I suspect there's a great game in there somewhere. But then there's a great game inside most games if the developers had just done this or not done that and etc. After 20 years, basic creature comforts like inventories, sounds and general interface features are somehow left out? I suspect the game is a good representation of the Cleve person, intelligent and deep, but rather muddled and difficult to manage.

Probably appeals to people that like unravelling stuff rather than playing a game. The kind of people whose first response upon buying a new game is to think "right, lets see if I can break this mofo and what happens if I do". You know the type.

I think it's great he released it.

It's either for you or not. Some here are gleefully jumping around to point fingers either way. Seems a bit childish.

It has a decent combat system and it is fun in a wizardry type way. Too expensive though.

Back
Top Bottom