Dungeons of Dredmor - Official Release Date

If its on gog.com i will buy it !
Steam however is not my cup of water.

Well it's not on GOG. But you can still wait a few more weeks (months?) to see what alternative distribution will they bring to the table.

But, while we are bitching about Steam: if it will be priced in Steam classic currency (dollar = euro = pound), I will not be buying extra copies for friends.

Just talked to David and yes they are planning other forms of distribution. The first will definitely be steam, but some time later (not sure how long)you'll be able to find it somewhere else.

Good news. Thanks for the info.

I like steam, and at that price, I'll just buy it whenever its out.

Well it's not on GOG. But you can still wait a few more weeks (months?) to see what alternative distribution will they bring to the table.

But, while we are bitching about Steam: if it will be priced in Steam classic currency (dollar = euro = pound), I will not be buying extra copies for friends.

Yep i will wait. If not on gog.com or anyother normal way then it is too bad and a no buy.
Steam is expensive and i dont want there software on my pc. period. Hope i can buy it directly from them in a month or so.

GOG com is unlikely - with the exception of TW2 (CDP's own game) they really do sell old games, not old-looking new games. I think it even says somewhere on their page that a game has to be at least 3 years old before they consider it.
The best for them would be to set up their own web store, so that they have that ready for their next release.

GOG com is unlikely - with the exception of TW2 (CDP's own game) they really do sell old games, not old-looking new games. I think it even says somewhere on their page that a game has to be at least 3 years old before they consider it.
The best for them would be to set up their own web store, so that they have that ready for their next release.

Disagree on the basis of that one comment they made months ago in that Q/A youtube video that somehow continues to haunt my mind---which essentially boiled down to other entities actually APPROACHING GoG and intending to do as solid a job on content/extras/etc so as to be up to snuff and mesh well with the other releases.

That Dredmor also pretty well fits the GoG price brackets would only help the case, but time'll tell. Now my only worry is the Steam crowd being broke from the big Summer Sale…

So, steam sale is here. It ends 10th of july. I'm a bit worried for Dredmor now.

As for the current RPG deals, there's a complete version of Oblivion for 8.5 Universal Money and Recettear (which everyone should try at some point in life) for 3.75 Universal Money.

Back
Top Bottom