The TV Series discussion thread

I've been looking forward to the second season of Preacher. Other than that, I can't really think of anything good in the near future besides GoT.

I'll check out the new Star Trek in October, but I don't have high expectations.

I've been looking forward to the second season of Preacher. Other than that, I can't really think of anything good in the near future other than GoT.

I'll check out the new Star Trek in October, but I don't have high expectations.

Star Trek looks mediocre at best - but I'm going to have to check it out :)

GoT stopped being good by season two, imo.

What's Preacher?

Preacher is quite bizarre. I'm struggling to think of a way to explain it that makes it sound appealing. You'd have to just check it out for yourself and see if it clicks for you.

Season 1 trailers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gueM4VilVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHcj-xjJNxM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLcapWjVXoE

Hmm, that looks pretty intriguing actually :)

I know several of the actors - and I like them.

I hope it's not TOO weird, as I tend to lose interest if I can't comprehend what's happening at all.

But, I will definitely have to check this out.

Thanks!

I found High Castle to be really, really boring. I watched the entire first season, IIRC - and almost nothing happened. Zzzzz.

I'm struggling to find a great series these days. I tried watching Fargo for the third time - and I hated it even more this time.

Any good crime oriented or sci-fi oriented series?

Try the Travellers maybe. It's a sci-fi show.

I'm struggling to find a great series these days. I tried watching Fargo for the third time - and I hated it even more this time.

Are you serious? Which season? Nevermind, they're all amazing. I'm really surprised you didn't like it. I absolutely loved it. Billy Bob Thornton was amazing in the first season.

correction for the Traveler Link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelers_(TV_series)

I'm a huge Brad Wright fan (Outer limits, Star Gate) so I am definitely in. Interestingly it was listed in my Netflix watch list, but now I will bump it up for a quicker viewing.

However, I am having fun with Black Mirror right now, just watched the 3 episode season one, look forward to the other two seasons. It's kinda like the Twilight Zone but without the sudden, act 3-twist.

Are you serious? Which season? Nevermind, they're all amazing. I'm really surprised you didn't like it. I absolutely loved it. Billy Bob Thornton was amazing in the first season.

I'm very serious :)

I hated the movie, too.

The reason I've tried watching it three times is that I keep hearing from others how amazing and profound it is.

All I can see is a bunch of extreme caricatures and an attempt at humor that I don't personally connect with. I felt the same way about the movie, for instance.

I don't understand that whole "joke" about saying it's a real story - and I also had that problem with the movie. I simply don't see the fun part of lying to your audience, I really don't.

But that's minor. My primary problem is that the characters are just extreme and over-the-top and that's a HUGE turn-off for me. I'm all about characters - and I really need something I can relate to in some way.

Maybe that changes along the way, and maybe it develops into something more subtle and plausible - but I don't think I can stomach the show until I get to that part.

Any good crime oriented or sci-fi oriented series?

In terms of crime I can very highly recommend "The Night of" on HBO. Only one season with 8 episodes so it's not a huge commitment. Quality show with great cast and writing.

A few episodes towards the end one character makes a really strange choice that doesn't fit with his/her persona at all. I was a bit disappointed in that respect but other than that it's great.

In terms of crime I can very highly recommend "The Night of" on HBO. Only one season with 8 episodes so it's not a huge commitment. Quality show with great cast and writing.

A few episodes towards the end one character makes a really strange choice that doesn't fit with his/her persona at all. I was a bit disappointed in that respect but other than that it's great.

I've already seen that and I thought it was very good, too :)

But otherwise a good choice.

I don't understand that whole "joke" about saying it's a real story - and I also had that problem with the movie. I simply don't see the fun part of lying to your audience, I really don't.
It's not this movie and series problem you believe stuff like slovakia being occupied during WW2 as suggested in "real story" movie you've praised in the movie thread. The same "real story" completely misses to address the domino effect caused by the silly assassination. As it usually happens, the idea didn't die with the target, it got fed even more. Or as some would say, after one being chopped, hydra grew two new heads.

You can't accept a mockery on people who believe in "real story" movies, aka yourself, okay, you're not the first such person who can't believe stuff they dislike are real life matter nor the first person who gets angry when joke is on them.

Life ain't peachy and people are rotten - it's something you refuse to believe because of living under your own imaginary bell of glass where everything behaves only in ways you like not as it actually should.
Grab a rifle and go Afghanistan for a few months. Prepare for PTSD - it instahits everyone who believes all people are Hollywood dogooders.

Civilization took an enormous forward move economically and technologically. Morally, it's still stuck in the stone age. Not in your inner world.
So as I suggested in the previous post. Stick with cw's Supergirl. Moralitywise, there is nothing in it for you to dislike.

It's not this movie and series problem you believe stuff like slovakia being occupied during WW2 as suggested in "real story" movie you've praised in the movie thread. The same "real story" completely misses to address the domino effect caused by silly assassination. As it usually happen, the idea was not dead, it got fed even more. Or as some would say, after one chopped, hydra grew two new heads.

You can't accept a mockery on people who believe in "real story" movies, aka yourself, okay, you're not the first such person who can't believe stuff they dislike are real life matter.

Life ain't peachy and people are rotten - it's something you refuse to believe because of living under your own imaginary bell of glass where everything behaves only in ways you like not as it actually should.
Grab a rifle and go Afghanistan for a few months. Prepare for PTSD - it instahits everyone who believes all people are Hollywood dogooders.

You should probably obsess a little less over what other people like and dislike. You seem to have just about zero grasp about what I like or why I like it.

The movie was about the event - not the consequences of that event. That would be a different movie. It's called Anthropoid for a reason - as that was what the operation was called. It's not rocket science.

However, if you enjoy your little fantasy version of who I am - then I guess it's all good.

As for people who're "rotten" - that's what you believe if you don't understand human nature - which I'm not surprised you don't have a clue about. People do things for a reason - and if you don't recognise that reason, you will never understand them.

That's why caricatures like the people in Fargo will never, ever, approach real people.

That said, I'm sure it's a deliberate choice in an effort to entertain. You seem to enjoy the silly implausible shit along with the rest of the hipster masses - so it's working :)

Rick and Morty is my favourite sci-fi show :)

You can watch the leaked first ep of season 3

Last edited:
Rick and Morty is my favourite sci-fi show :)

You can watch the leaked first ep of season 3

I've been meaning to check it out, but I'm not big on comedy.

I like Futurama - but it's not something that really gets me going.

The expanse is alright. Good entertainment. Wouldn't call it good but it has some fun elements.

It's a bit of a mish mash of different Sci fi stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've watched a few episodes and it wasn't really for me. Something about the actors and trying too hard, I think.

Sorry, I know I'm difficult :(

Yeah, I didn't like the expanse at all. :(

Rick and Morty is less about jokes comedy and more about wit and references. I don't think I laughed during that episode, but it was very entertaining. Can't wait for more eps.

Love the whole multiverse thing. Every action you make in time creates a new universe based off that action and there is a universe for every possible action which could have occured.

Sci-fi is all about the ideas that trip you out and make you feel amazement. It's not like The Expanse which is more or less a shit drama in a sci-fi setting.

I'm also a huge fan of horror sci-fi! Like, Event Horizon was shit but it was so good too xD

Back
Top Bottom