The TV Series discussion thread

Nirvana in fire might be good; but it is not in english.

Are you saying although you have amc subscription it still wants to charge you per episode?
What kind of s… is that? No wonder their service is avoided by many.

Anyway, if very good martial arts with rich, fat and not silly story is something you need, I have to suggest Nirvana In Fire. This one is available legally on Rakuten Viki (freebie with advertisments):
https://www.viki.com/search?q=nirvana in fire
Note also that while imdb is as usual ignorant and states this is just drama, it's according to mydramalist a mix of genres: Historical, Romance, Drama, Martial Arts, Tragedy, Political.
Remember when I got mad because stupid imdb does not have tragedy tag? Yea, well, some others probably heard me.

I didn't watch the second season which is supposed to happen 50 years after the first one. Yet.

At the same site you can watch also Six flying Dragons.

In such case where videoondemand of a show that interests you is the same price as optical media I'd take dvd, but what will you watch till it ships?
:evilgrin:

Anyone watch Tabula Rasa on Netflix? That one had me glued to my seat from beginning to end.

It's a Belgian drama series (it's only one season of about 8 or 10 episodes) about a woman that was in a car accident and suffers from memory loss, and pieces back what happened leading up to the accident bit by bit. I'd recommend it if you can stomach non-US shows. :)

Anyone watch Tabula Rasa on Netflix? That one had me glued to my seat from beginning to end.

It's a Belgian drama series (it's only one season of about 8 or 10 episodes) about a woman that was in a car accident and suffers from memory loss, and pieces back what happened leading up to the accident bit by bit. I'd recommend it if you can stomach non-US shows. :)

I've watched most of the first episode, it seems decent but also a bit ridiculous.. At one point a person is scared by some old life-sized "dolls" (her own words).. its just that the dolls look like quite realistic corpses... why would anyone keep "dolls" like that. are we supposed to believe that old dolls eventually turns into something that looks like human remains/corpses.. stupid and cheap.

A friend just told me that the Expanse, the television version, just got cancelled at the Sci-Fiction network. Thank goodness we'll always have the novels, which I've found to be far superior to the television show.

A friend just told me that the Expanse, the television version, just got cancelled at the Sci-Fiction network. Thank goodness we'll always have the novels, which I've found to be far superior to the television show.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-expanse-canceled-syfy-after-three-seasons-to-be-shopped-1202388026/

Yep. Looks like a negotiation problem, though, and they plan to shop it to other networks. Could definitely see the likes of Netflix picking it up.

Just saw it. Unfuckingbelievable:
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-rotten-tomatoes-series-tv-show-a8346301.html
The Expanse cancelled: Syfy drops 100% Rotten Tomatoes-rated sci-fi
100% not on some irrelevant site like MMORPG but on the very site that is supposed to be critics authority when it comes to movies and TV.
Now I can only hope Netflix saves it like they did with brilliant Longmire.

Note that I didn't watch it's third season yet.

I think it has been more than three years since Netflix actually "saved" a show, maybe even longer. It would be a sure-fire win for them to pick this one up, in my opinion. I bet people would flock to it simply to pee in the Sci-Fiction's coffee cup.

Then again, simply read the books. They are far superior to the television show, it must be difficult to do world-building versus character building on tv, where it is much simply in book form.

I might just do that. I quite enjoy the show, but feel it doesn't live up to its potential, and makes me roll my eyes, from time to time.

Yeah Ripper, give it a shot. The Holden casting always irked me also, some of the other characters are spot-on, but his casting was entirely wrongly done. He seems just so wooden on the telly.

The Expanse was cancelled? That’s horrible news it was a great show. At least through season 1 which is where I am. Meanwhile brain dead “Lost on a Planet” will continue I’m sure. Maybe the Expanse was too complicated for audiences.

Television has really changed, often it used to be about the actual stories in the show, now it seems to focus much more on the characters/people. That might be watchable for some, but I believe most viewers prefer to see actual stories that make sense, and are complete from beginning to finish.

The Expanse was cancelled? That’s horrible news it was a great show.

Cancelled on SyFy, but the creators are hoping some other channel buys it so that it can continue.

I'm amazed the Expanse lasted as long as it did on television. The story is what drives that tale, the characters are almost incidental, and that flies right in opposition to normal telly programs. Maybe another channel will pick it up, but best of all the novels will always be there for us to enjoy again and again.

I didn't think The Expanse was all that great to be honest, but I'm still disappointed to hear about a sci-fi show getting cancelled when there are so few out there.

I agree with jdr. It was not all that great.
It was awsome!

I didn't think The Expanse was all that great to be honest, but I'm still disappointed to hear about a sci-fi show getting cancelled when there are so few out there.

Yeah, the first season was really subpar IMO and I even posted as such some where earlier in this thread. However, the second season was much better and I actually cared for a couple of the characters (unlike the first season).

The 3rd season is pilling up on my DVR and I will get to it when the season is done but I do look forward to watching.

Shame about the expanse if those rumours are true... The scifi series I happen to like are almost always canceled.

Back
Top Bottom