Elder Scrolls Online - Become a Homeowner

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Yo can now become a homeowner in Elder Scrolls Online:

It’s time to take the big leap and become a homeowner … in Tamriel.

Today PC/Mac players of The Elder Scrolls Online receive the first major DLC of 2017 – Homestead – a free update that will allow them to buy apartments, homes, manors – and even an island – in Tamriel. Available for both in-game Gold and through the Crown Store, homes can be customized with more than 2,000 decorating items, including furniture, décor, books, barrels and a whole lot more.

Homestead will release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on February 21.

Tons of Homes!

Homestead releases with nearly 40 instanced homes to choose from, each styled after one of the game’s 10 playable races. Anyone who would like to grab their own Tamriel digs can get one for free through an initial tutorial quest. Once that introductory quest is completed, players can move on and up, owning multiple homes of various sizes that can be shared across all of their in-game characters.

Not Your Friend’s House

Owning a house is only the beginning of Homestead – it’s not truly a home until you decorate it. Players can make their new residences truly unique by acquiring and placing more than 2,000 items with the game’s new Housing Editor. Furniture and other décor are available through in-game vendors and the Crown Store, but players can also craft their own using existing crafting skills. Available décor includes tables, chairs, chests, beds, bars, counters as well as decorating items like books, food, barrels, paintings, light fixtures, plants, trees, and more. Looking for more utility? Players can also place items like combat dummies, crafting tables and assistants in their homes.
More information.

EA shut down Sims Online servers ages ago… They were stupid doing that, right?
Dressup barbie and decorate your home is the new MMO in!

I suppose this will appeal to one-uppers. Not sure where the fun is though. Maybe chat with your neighbors across the fence?

And grow Skooma in your basement.

I bow to your superior grasp of lore (but not law). ;)

Actually, although it was just a silly joke, narcotics trading could be a fun game element. I used to like being a drug runner in Elite, for fun and profit. You could have some kind of cops and robbers dynamic around it in the game!

One of my favourite mods from Morrowind was called the "Skooma Druglord" which involved precisely what you two gentlemen describe; the illegal manufacturing of skooma and the creation and operation of said dubious business. All of this years before Breaking Bad or any such popular nonsense! Included are run-ins with Vivec's Ordinators, competing dealers and betrayals as the business gets progressively bigger. :)

Not sure I could get into the TES MMO (don't like 'em on principle generally) but my brother did donate his copy a couple of years back and so it's mildly tempting to give it a look one day.

Skooma Druglord. I'll have to grab that next time I do a modded Morrowind playthrough. Thanks! :)

I was a Skooma dealer in Morrowind but I gave it away for free. The shopkeepers generally wouldn't do business with you if you were carrying it. So, drop it on their floor and they're cool with you again. Then you forget that you dropped the Skooma there and you end up leaving bottles of it all over the place. :p

Back
Top Bottom