Bloodwych - Steam Release on March 26

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The 30 year old classic Bloodwych will be re-released on Steam on March 26:

DO YOU HAVE THE METTLE TO FACE ZENDICK'S COLD STEEL?

An ominous presence has enveloped the small village of Treihadwyl and draped it in a shroud of paralyzing terror. As shadows grow larger the population grows smaller. Zendick the evil overlord and his undead army are feeding on the inhabitants. Now all that stands between the carnage and the land of Trazere is the Bloodwych, a secret alliance of psychic sorcerers. Divided, they would crumble under the overlord's power. But together there is at least a glimmer of hope of defeating the scourge that's devouring the countryside.

• A dark fantasy role play adventure that pits your strategic thinking against an insane ruler and his mystical forces.
  • Fully communicate with other characters and creatures with an advanced character interaction system.
  • Argue, barter, even lie to other characters to gain control of essential elements, or simply wield your knives, wands, rings, staves, missiles, fire and bows and arrows to get your way.
  • Commend or correct your allies to increase their initiative and ability to fight during combat.
  • Ultimately confront the hideous Lord Of Entropy who wishes to dissolve the fabric of the universe into the chaotic elements from which it was formed.
  • Imaginative gameplay is enhanced with sophisticated spell casting and combat actions.
  • Superior, real time 3-D graphics make you feel as though you're right inside the labyrinthine corridors.
  • Features icon-based "point-and-click" interface and game save capability.
More information.

OMG, I remember playing this when it was first released. As much as i'm old school, not sure if it's just to dated.
A remaster would be good.

There not a single piece of information about what is new about this release. What have they updated in comparison to the abandonware version that one can get for free and run with Dosbox!

There not a single piece of information about what is new about this release. What have they updated in comparison to the abandonware version that one can get for free and run with Dosbox!

They have updated it to "legit". And oh do I dig those "superior, real time 3-D graphics"!

This would be really exciting if it had updated graphics, but as it is not sure it is even realistically playable on a 4K monitor. Still one of my favorite games. Hoping they are testing the waters to see if there is any interest in a remaster

I do recall playing this but I've absolutely no idea how it would look on my current system, nor do I feel an overwhelming urge to replay this. I'll be monitoring comments here and see what others think of it upon release.

I can. People do still read really old books and even pay money to look at cave paintings.

Older than dirt school. Did they improve the graphics even one iota? This should probably be a browser game.

Wow, this title takes me back! A mate of mine in early high school in around '91 pirated me this game on C64. I was pretty obsessed by it for a couple of weeks and played it every day after school until I ran into a section that had a nasty disk error. To this day after purchasing an original many years later, I never did try again and see if I could get past that part.
I fondly remember writing down the stats for all of the characters and picking parties based upon the best averages.

Back
Top Bottom