Delver - Release Announcment

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The last time we reported on Delver was back in 2016. Delver was released back in February to positive reviews and is under active development. The latest update has added more mod support.

ABOUT THIS GAME

Delve into the shifting dungeons on your hunt for the Yithidian orb, but getting it might just be the easy part. Delver is a single player first-person action roguelike dungeon crawler, just like you wished they used to make.

Slay monsters, blast wands, hoard potions, and loot everything.

• A silky smooth mix of 90s FPS combat with classic RPG mechanics.
  • In these dungeons once you're dead you stay dead. Permadeath means that when you die, you begin each run into the dungeon anew.
  • Tough as nails gameplay will test your skills, no grinding will save you here.
  • A procedural dungeon that will keep you on your toes, no two runs will ever be the same.
  • Delicious chunky pixels!
Easy to pick up gameplay, but difficult to master. The dungeon has been waiting for you.
More information.

And for those that think this is just another pixel art clone, the playable alpha was released way back in 2012. If anything it's the other way around. Was fun seeing this develop and how it can be modded (unless that's changed recently).

I wonder what part of my brain is responsible for not being able to enjoy procedural content.

I would love to enjoy content generated by algorithms, I just can't :(

Is there a high-res sprites mod? It's not I don't like pixel art, but this is ridiculous.

It's a fun game. I dip into it now and then, when I just want a quick dungeon delve.
Surprisingly atmospheric, despite the basic looking graphics. It looks a lot better in action.

I've tried other, similar games (e.g. Barony, One More Dungeon), but this is the one that I always return to.

Back
Top Bottom