Concerts to time travel to?

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor
Like many of us I listen to music from many decades, and I was wondering who do I wish I’d seen in concert. I restricted myself to three, being
- Deep Purple during the Made In Japan tour
- Pink Floyd about the time of Meddle
- Velvet Underground live at The Factory in New York.

What about other people?

I've actually been to very few shows beyond several Bon Jovi shows that I had to take the Mrs. to. She did win "stage whore" tickets to one of them, which was actually kind of neat. Watching a portion of the show from the stage wing was a radically different experience. So…that said, people I'd like to see before I die:
1) would have been amazing to see the Cure In Orange, but I'd take whatever preferably up close where I could watch Simon play
2) I think Howard Jones would be a tremendous show.
3) I think it would be fun to hit the lottery and invite a lot of old school gazer bands to do a private festival just for me- Curtain Society, An April March, blueScreen, Makaras Pen, Lush

I'm terribly old school. First would be Neil Diamond (Had a chance once and just couldn't quite afford it at the time). Second would likely be ELO, I just love their sound and musicality. Third would be one of those mixed Liverpudlian concerts which featured The Beatles, Herman's Hermits, Dave Clark Five, Jerry Marsden, etc, etc. I have no time for this modern rubbish!!!! :p :)

Ramones - Live At The Rainbow - December 31, 1977

Jimi Hendrix plays the Star Spangled Banner [Woodstock 1969]

Led Zeppelin: Live on TV BYEN/Danmarks Radio [Full Performance]

1. Pink Floydf from the Meddle period, possibly even earlier from UmmaGumma
  2. Yes, any time between the "Yes Album" and "Going for the One"
  3. Talking Heads from the "Remain in LIght" period
pibbuR

Led Zeppelin at Earl's Court (1975 I think). Perhaps I would meet my future wife there?

The Who around the time of Who's Next. Saw them much later on when I had some money to buy tickets but no Keith Moon.

The Beatles rooftop concert - with a good view of course.

The Rolling Stones - sometime in the early 70s.

Woodstock, 1969 would be my very first pick. After that, Procul Harum in Edmonton, I think that was 1971? I'd love to see any concert with Barrett leading Pink Floyd, gosh, my list could go on for days!

Woodstock, 1969 would be my very first pick. After that, Procul Harum in Edmonton, I think that was 1971? I'd love to see any concert with Barrett leading Pink Floyd, gosh, my list could go on for days!

Ditto, why I restricted myself to three, those who wanted set up mini-festivals, bent the rules, me thinks.

I’m also curious. Has anyone been to others list items? A friend of mine went to the original Woodstock and also used to frequent CBGBs in the 70s. Another friend saw Lush et al in London in the early 90s (not that I the slightest bit jealous - grrrrrrr). I was lucky enough to see the stop making sense tour by Talking Heads, the support bands were number 2 band The Pretenders, the lowest band on the list (on first) was INXS and was lucky enough to also see The Cure during the “show” tour.

Honestly, I consider myself quite fortunate in all the concerts I was able to attend, especially the HFS'tvials in the Maryland area. I'm paying for those activities now with significant hearing loss, yet I wouldn't give up the experiences at all. Living in the DC area was great for all the theatre, sports, and music opportunities, and anyone that lives there should always take advantage!

The Who Live at Leeds.
Joy Division anything in the late 70s.
David Bowie-Spider from Mars Tour.
Led Zeppelin-Mid 70s.
Eric B and Rakim-Follow the Leader tour.
Wu-Tang Clan-Wu-Tang Forever tour.

Off the top of my head...

Creedence Clearwater Revival
Black Sabbath in the 70s
Kiss in the 70s
The Police in the 80s

I love these two
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Black Sabbath in the 70s

Black Sabbath and CCR in the seventies were worth every penny to see and hear. I became a much bigger fan of Ozzy himself and his stellar band, yet if Black Sabbath hadn't soared, we'd likely never have heard of the Ozman.

The short Reunion of Genesis with Peter Gabriel during WOMAD.
One show of Genesis doing the Lamb Lies Down On Broadway tour.
Of both, no videos do exist, as far as I know (apart from a few seconds).
Early The Beatles, live, without crying people in the background. ;)
The Moya Brennan concert I just missed when she was in my home town.
Same with the Blues Brothers band.
And ... just Huey Lewis & The News.

Back
Top Bottom