Dart Vacation

If you speak the Words of Power, you may summon him again…

I think the objective criteria of a computer roleplaying game can be defined! That is why games such as Bioshock aren't really rpgs.

Now lets see if that was enough... ;)

If you substituted the word Pong for Bioshock in any of his many hilarious diatribes on RPGs the substance and meaning of his words wouldn't change in the slightest.

Did his arrival coincide with any notable big-game releases? Can we start a conspiracy theory that he's a paid forum meddler for some large AAA company? I'm sure a dedicated (masochistic) individual who was willing to go through all his posts one by one could find some potential connection worth theorizing about.

One can't have enough time for both RPGwatch and crapload of lifesaving MMOs.
But as I usually say to my friends, better to waste time on Destiny 2 than on social networks and phonegames.

He'll be back, maybe under the nick: Arnold.

He will be back I'm sure. The only thing I didn't like was his tendency to launch personal attacks on people and then pretend he wasn't attacking or was just kidding. He is clever but not as clever as he clearly thinks. At the end of the day these are just video games it does not need to be taken so seriously.

The thing to understand about Dart, is that it's all personal. He protests too much when he always claims to be detached and not emotive about the debate, while also insinuating there is something deficient about the opposition, because they've contradicted him. When he's relaxed and talking about games, he often has interesting things to say, and can clearly reason properly. The problem is that when he's challenged, he paints himself into a corner with a psuedo-philosophical tangle, and it bothers him.

I think he'd be a lot better off if he would abandon the pretence of a detached vantage point (which is fundamentally condescending), and just be clear about the ground he's defending.

Last edited:
This is the point Ripper where he would say you leap to such conclusions because you are at the limit of your mental capabilities. And then say “no offense”

He is clever
This is where I have to disagree.
He can make an illusion with his rich vocabulary, but that's a separate "skill".
Not only he's not smart IMO, he's also blind.
Ha! Well despite him being so insulting at times
Yea I put his old acc on ignorelist. Reason?
His taste and my taste are completely opposite. Once I called his #1 game a plain trash, he didn't spare words. Then he went away, returned later but I didn't forget his "masterpiece". You saw me trolling his posts back about dick saves a goddess story plenty of times when he made what were intended to be axiomatic statements.
I did enjoy his gaming impressions.
Sadly plenty of times I did not.
His mantra was only repeating about every single thing: gameplaygameplaygameplaygameplaygameplaygameplay.
And hell I'm playing (different) games on PC. What do I care about his silly mushrooms.

Yea, I know, similar to his stubborness over things, I bore everyone to death with my hair fixation. But I won't be an insulted primadonna when you tell me my fetish is sick or I make you sick. He on the other hand just can't drop a post and move on, no, everything has to be dragged into a soap opera dialogue script.

But whatever. He didn't kill anyone means he's still good. The spoiled part of him?
He'll grow up eventually. Dunno when as me, an old fart, still didn't. ;)

Last edited:
I won't miss him. There, I said it. Not that my opinion matters too much, because despite my best efforts I'm hardly a hardcore regular.

I appreciated what he had to say on occasion, but more often than not, if I saw he was involved in a thread I'd keep away from it. I no longer have the ability to endlessly argue semantics, and sometimes even just scanning past his laborious arguments while looking for the "good stuff" from certain other posters is a little too frustrating.

I realise this is probably hypocritical given my background (I used to have Codex admin privileges; hell, I probably have a Codex DB backup on the portable hard drive sitting in front of me) , but I just can't do that anymore. If DArt had any balls he'd just go over to the Codex and argue with people there, but I guess he doesn't have the balls, because he could barely handle the well-mannered arguers over here.

Yeah I scanned the long diatribes myself, rarely reading them, only looking for relevant game subject data. That's how I could tolerate it, I suppose.

He did raise interesting threads recently, and was always courteous to reply to posters in detail. I also think that he was more open-minded and less confrontational in his latest incarnation (which is commended as it is not an easy thing to try). Maybe he needn't have replied in detail for his sake and to keep flow of conversations!

In any case, he is an intelligent and logical person with preferences, opinions and flaws (like all of us) and hope that he is well and to see future posts from him.

going-undergound-lol-bye.jpg

Dart is awesome. Brought interaction to a thread whether you liked it or not. If you didnt like the conversation, you simply had to stop replying and it was over.

Some people think its their lifes mission to fix or correct people on the internet.. good luck with that :)

Enjoy the good conversation, walk away when you are done.

Yep, Dartagnan posted a bunch and kept threads active. I found him to be a great asset to our forums even if we didn't always agree. However, he was a big Skyrim fan, so I'll extra miss him (till he comes back).

Dart is awesome. Brought interaction to a thread whether you liked it or not. If you didnt like the conversation, you simply had to stop replying and it was over.

Some people think its their lifes mission to fix or correct people on the internet.. good luck with that :)

Enjoy the good conversation, walk away when you are done.

Nope, it was never over with Dart, stop replying and he followed you to other threads with the same points carried over.

You seem to be trying to correct people on the internet with your very own post. Or was that intentional irony for the humour aspect of posting?

I suspect most people do enjoy a good conversation then walk away when they're done. But who are you to dictate when a conversation is 'done'?

Back
Top Bottom