DA:Inquisition - DLC 'The Descent' Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Today is the release day of the new DLC The Descent for Dragon Age: Inquisition:

Mark your calendars because a brand new single-player adventure is coming Tuesday, August 11! In Dragon Age: InquisitionThe Descent, you will venture deep below the surface to discover the source of mysterious earthquakes threatening Thedas.

Explore the legendary Deep Roads, but ensure that you come prepared. A perilous journey awaits underground, where vast, darkspawn-infested caverns will challenge the Inquisition like never before.

Meet memorable new characters, learn more about dwarven history, and collect epic loot as you fight to solve one of Thedas's greatest mysteries. Hidden danger lurks within the Stone, Inquisitor. Good luck!

Dragon Age: Inquisition – The Descent releases on August 11, 2015, for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. EA Access members save 10%.

More information.

crickets.jpg

Bugs? Why'd it have to be bugs?

Well at least it looks plenty dark and murky down there.

I wouldn't mind returning to the dark roads to fight darkspawn...

With my grey warden, and shale.

I got sidetracked with this one, but I hope to get back to it one day.

That said, I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that these huge RPGs just aren't for me as much as they used to be.

Simply too much repetition and not enough time in my life.

I am completely…unenthusiastic. More %$#!!! darkspawn? Seriously? Seems like they have run out of ideas.

It was the most requested setting for a DLC on the BSN actually.

It was the most requested setting for a DLC on the BSN actually.
Since Deep Roads were so underwhelming in DA2, I'm not surprised.

Well, doesn't sound too bad...but some people at Bioware have trouble understanding what most players want from their games. Release something like "Citadel" DLC, with a bit more serious story and it will sell like, what's that expression you use, hotcakes?

That's not possible.

- DA series have three different main protagonists in each game and also many different party member NPCs that don't qualify for another appearance for whatever different reasons

- DA3 does not have evil war asset system designed in a way you have to buy all DLC to gather enough assets for the best ending unless you'll go MMO or phonegames crap

- DA3 has a proper ending thus doesn't need DLC ending, and Citadel was real ME trilogy ending

- DA3 contains endless respawns garbage, Citadel was possible in ME3 because Mass Effect games' core design is not that idiocy

I meant, more of a mini campaign, but with a heavy emphasis on player/npc interaction with plenty of banter to go along. One thing that both fan base and haters all agree on, is that characters/companions are always the strongest part of their games.
Neither stories or gameplay in Bioware games are exactly "top notch", but they can make a drama out nothing, enough to make every mexican soap opera director green with envy.

Well, almost :p...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGJAUnNzbhE

Back
Top Bottom