Gears Tactics - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gears Tactics has been released:

Gears Tactics

Gears Tactics is the fast-paced, turn-based strategy game set 12 years before the first Gears of War. Cities on the planet Sera are beginning to fall to the monstrous threat rising from underground - the Locust Horde. With the government in disarray, a squad of survivors emerge as humanity's last hope. Play as Gabe Diaz, recruiting, developing and commanding your squads on a desperate mission to hunt down the relentless and powerful leader of the Locust army: Ukkon, the mastermind monster who makes monsters. Against all odds and fighting for survival, outsmart your enemy in uniquely brutal, turn-based tactical combat. Experience the intensity of one of the most-acclaimed video game sagas in an exciting new way.

• Immersive and character-driven story: Play as the defiant soldier Gabe Diaz, rescuing and building your troops in a journey of leadership, survival and sacrifice.
  • Customizable squad and equipment: Prepare your troops to face tough enemies, upgrading their skills and outfitting them with loot collected in challenging missions.
  • Aggressive gameplay: Command your squad in fast paced, turn-based battles, advancing and surviving intense and visceral encounters with the unstoppable, swarming enemy.
  • Massive boss battles: Defeat towering deadly bosses that defy your strategies and completely change the scale of the battle.

Xbox Profile Required. Sign in with your existing profile or create one for free.
More information.

Mostly because some Microsoft account-related issues and technical problems. I boght the game month or so ago but now I`m into Torchlight I after Greedfall and Nioh so will be some time before I will try it out myself. Just wait and see what will happen in few days.

I played about 2 hours last night. I'm not a Gears fan (I think I played the first one when it came out but none since then) but so far, quite impressed. The game looks really good and I'm really enjoying the tactics - far more than Xcom. It's a bit faster paced - you can't sit back and turtle too much but need to stay a bit more aggressive. Love the more open-ended nature of the 3 action points and the ability to add action points by doing executions; you can string together some awesome turns.

There's nothing on the strategic layer, so you need to be ok with that.

Character and equipment options are ok.

So far, thumbs up. Looking forward to playing more.

Some of the posts on Steam mention there is a lack of replayability. For anyone who is playing through the campaign now is there any truth to that? Wondering what makes it so.

Some of the posts on Steam mention there is a lack of replayability. For anyone who is playing through the campaign now is there any truth to that? Wondering what makes it so.

Well, there's no strategic layer where things could feel a little different in sequence... basically it is a series of missions strung together to tell a so-so story with some grindy side missions.

Don't think I'd play it again... and even think they should have cut out some of the side missions.

That said, the actual tactics/battles are really, really good imo. And it's a great looking game too.

Is equipment and weapons just upgradeable or do you find/research new stuff?

No research... you find weapon and armour mods and equip them. There is a fair bit of variety in them and some even confer additional abilities.

Characters have branching skill trees where you assign points. Far more choice on those then in Xcom - and as I understand it, you'll only be able to unlock roughly half of the total skills in one play through.

You can also recruit new characters as well - and there are some limited options to customize their look (mainly colour/texture stuff).

That's about it outside of battles.

Both this and Chimera Squad had a short streaming lifespan.
Chimera €10, so not so bad, this one €70, quite different.

The last three similar vid products (including Phoenix Point) have issues regarding to their popularity among streamers.

Maybe devs will take this in consideration when they put priorities on which customer segments they want to satisfy. Probably not though, deal is too good to be turned down.

I'm curious now, why would they consider streamers satisfaction....I mean if a game is good it should be able to be played....

Back
Top Bottom