Mines of Grimvale - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The dungeon crawler Mines of Grimvale has been released:

Mines of Grimvale

The world of Bornia is in need of champions! You have been summoned to embark on a noble journey to save all of humanity from an evil fate. You must keep your wits about you, your sword must stay sharp and ready, and your spells charged as you forge through Bornia's massive landscape. Descend into the maws of many a dark and dangerous dungeon in search of your quest's end.

You'll have at your disposal more than 50 spells and hundreds of items with great power, each drawing upon one of the elemental forces such as earth, wind, fire, and lightning. Whether you prefer a more tactical approach or attack all-swords-swinging, Mines of Grimvale features a hybrid of real-time and turn-based combat to satisfy your needs. Remember, your choices and actions affect the ebb and flow of combat so think, and act, wisely. Are you prepared to pay the ultimate price, to steal away the gift of a mine god, and journey to the Mines of Grimvale.

• A tough, but accessible to newer players, classic RPG with a vast world to explore!
  • Features a "learn by doing" skill system without the need to collect and grind for experience points.
  • Customize your character as you see fit as there are plenty of character stats to fine-tune to your liking.
  • Gripping story with many unexpected twists and turns set in a very unique fantasy world.
  • Vast dangerous worlds with countless secrets to uncover and mysteries to solve.
  • Over 200 different enemy types.
  • Hundreds of items, weapons, armor. amazing random loot system.
Windows XP or Windows Vista, Windows 7,8,10 1.8 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), 2GB HDD, Mouse, Keyboard.
More information.

Looks interesting, any reviews anywhere?

Daniel.

This is one of several games by dragongamedesigns. These are RPG-maker games with western rpg themes instead of japanese. They're all pretty fun but similar. Sometimes they can't be finished due to bugs, but you'll get your ~$5 worth easily. This is the newer engine for RPG Maker too, so better graphics and a little deeper capabilities. They remind me mostly of rogue-likes but without the death penalty. Simple games with lots of stuff to kill but not very deep. Great for a game you can load up on a lunch break or if you only have an hour to kill or something.

https://dragongamedesigns.itch.io/

@Carnifex, yeah they're turn-based.

This is one of several games by dragongamedesigns. These are RPG-maker games with western rpg themes instead of japanese. They're all pretty fun but similar. Sometimes they can't be finished due to bugs, but you'll get your ~$5 worth easily. This is the newer engine for RPG Maker too, so better graphics and a little deeper capabilities. They remind me mostly of rogue-likes but without the death penalty. Simple games with lots of stuff to kill but not very deep. Great for a game you can load up on a lunch break or if you only have an hour to kill or something.

https://dragongamedesigns.itch.io/

@Carnifex, yeah they're turn-based.

Thanks for the kind words rpgnut, Just wanted to make a correction Mines of Grimvale is not made with a rpg maker engine, it is made with a java engine. it is real time combat.

I noticed this on the blurb for one of their other games - Fish Frenzy:

"So astonishingly simple to play and yet you NEVER grow tired of it. From the fantastic color graphics of the sea and its creatures , the sounds and music, every play is an adventure" - Diane Kiefer, Fish Frenzy Player

Don't suppose that's any relation to KeiferD20 of "Isinca - Clash of Magic" fame?

I noticed this on the blurb for one of their other games - Fish Frenzy:

"So astonishingly simple to play and yet you NEVER grow tired of it. From the fantastic color graphics of the sea and its creatures , the sounds and music, every play is an adventure" - Diane Kiefer, Fish Frenzy Player

Don't suppose that's any relation to KeiferD20 of "Isinca - Clash of Magic" fame?

Yes she made that game as well. Believe it or not the game feeding frenzy was one of her fav's so she decided to make one similar :)

Yes she made that game as well. Believe it or not the game feeding frenzy was one of her fav's so she decided to make one similar :)

So, she made the game Fish Frenzy, and then wrote the above review of it, as a player?

You guys are all involved though, right? As that one was also published under Dragongamedesigns, and, between you, you guys release games almost monthly?

You guys are all involved though, right? As that one was also published under Dragongamedesigns, and, between you, you guys release games almost monthly?

We do design games together, help each other out, but we both do our own thing. She is Ellis Studios. As for what she has said about Fish Frenzy that is how she feels about the game. she plays it even though she developed it.

We do design games together, help each other out, but we both do our own thing. She is Ellis Studios. As for what she has said about Fish Frenzy that is how she feels about the game. she plays it even though she developed it.

She might be Ellis Studios, and we've already seen their shady record. But this game is published under your name, and I ask you - do you think it's an honest practice to offer a review of a game on your sales page, described as by a "player", by the person that made it?

Frankly, it looks very much like you're all the same outfit, wearing a new identity, with the same level of integrity.

She might be Ellis Studios, and we've already seen their shady record. But this game is published under your name, and I ask you - do you think it's an honest practice to offer a review of a game on your sales page, described as by a "player", by the person that made it?

Frankly, it looks very much like you're all the same outfit, wearing a new identity, with the same level of integrity.

These guys really bother you, don't they Ripper? I just know that they've released several games that are mildly fun to play and extremely cheap. It's more than I have done, so I'll cut them a little slack. They are a little shady, but we can't all be perfect. If we were, it'd be harder for me to stand out ;)

Bottom line? These are fun games to grab and play for a little while. None of them are earth shattering, but then again they cost less than a Big Mac Meal.

That's all fine, 'nut. I'm not telling anyone what to think, and it's not the crime of the century. But, yeah, the shadiness does bug me - I want them to know I've got their number, and I want the rest of the Watch to know the score, so they can make their own decision. But sure, it's not a big deal - I just tend to call out bullshitters, even when it doesn't do me any favours.

That's all fine, 'nut. I'm not telling anyone what to think, and it's not the crime of the century. But, yeah, the shadiness does bug me - I want them to know I've got their number, and I want the rest of the Watch to know the score, so they can make their own decision. But sure, it's not a big deal - I just tend to call out bullshitters, even when it doesn't do me any favours.

Yep, we're cool. I agree with you, but it doesn't bother me so much. I think they've made some bad decisions but I actually like the games. They don't piss me off near as much as the folks who kickstart and never release a game or change what was promised, etc. I'm more pissed at the night and day dishonesty of a team like Larian.

I 've bought the bundle. MoG is a copy-paste of Dungeon Master's assets + auto map, which i don't mind at all. The only turn off is the tiny game window, why did it have to be like that, such a pity.

Not really playable in such a tiny window, shame, anyone know how to increase size?

Back
Top Bottom