RPGWatch GOTY 2011 - Most anticipated game

Dishonored is kind of a wild card but what little info I've seen looks pretty interesting.

• A steampunk world that runs on whale oil.
  • Some kind of powers that allow you to possess NPCs and even animals.
  • The devs worked on Thief, Deus Ex, Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah.
  • Different ways to complete most quests (stealth, supernatural powers, trickery, gadgets, brute force)
  • Game world looks to be a decent size

Thanks, look like an interesting game but Devs say in their forums that it may not being released inside 2012.
Also it is Bethsoft bliaaahhh

Could someone please explain why the thread title is GOTY 2011 and the list has games on it which aren't coming before 2011 is over? I don't get it.
Because it is part of the Game of the Year 2011 awards.

Most anticipated game = game you are waiting for to be released in future

getting this in before the end of the year

Boy do I miss Gaming Trends upcoming games page - It showed all the platforms and the page was easy to manipulate

Most Anticipated
sadly no real RPGs on the horizon for me

KOA is a wait and see
Age of Decadence - seems to be a big tease
Risen 2 - the end boss of Risen one has me worried about these guys
Legend of Grimrock-looks like a great game but does not look EPIC.

Curiously these NON RPGs I am looking forward to:
Bioshock Infinite -
X-Com - the FPS remake - heresy, I know but something about the game intrigue me.

and I'm always on the lookout for an Emperor of the Fading Suns remake or sequel and also I'm also hoping GOG or Steam or Gamersgate or Inpulse puts a fixed up version of this game online.

there . . .

Last edited:
Reckoning: kingdoms of amular I have a good feeling about. It is striving to go forward, got high hopes for this.

Most anticipated game = game you are waiting for to be released in future

Title says 2011. How can you anticipate for games of 2011 which are not being released in 2 days?

Reckoning: kingdoms of amular I have a good feeling about. It is striving to go forward, got high hopes for this.

bThNs.jpg

I suspect they mean "the game you are anticipating most" as of the date of the 2011 RPGWatch awards announcement.

The "2011" is a reference to this year's announcement to distinguish it from the 2010, 2009, etc. announcements, rather than any reference to the release date of anticipated games.

Gold star for the cereal dude! ;)

Gads, I ate Count Chocula all the time as a kid. Heck, I remember when they introduced Boo Berry.

Thanx Count, I completely forgot about Of Orcs and Man. It reminds me of that 2009 vaporware title "Dungeon Hero". I think this Orc game is my most anticipated title.

Of Orcs and Men is one of the reasons I'm more than iffy about A Game of Thrones. I can't imagine Cyanide is that big a studio and they seem to be making an awful lot of games. And they just finished an awful game. So what hope can we really have about either AGoT or OOaM?

Looks interesting but who the hell still has a functional C64?
Actually - I do! :D
Dunno why I can't force myself to trash it, yes it's still working but rationally I don't see the point of keeping it. The problem is I'm somehow emotionally connected to that piece of junk. :(

Of Orcs and Men is one of the reasons I'm more than iffy about A Game of Thrones. I can't imagine Cyanide is that big a studio and they seem to be making an awful lot of games. And they just finished an awful game. So what hope can we really have about either AGoT or OOaM?

Cyanide aint alone:
This grand role-playing game, jointly realized by Cyanide (Concept and Production) and Spiders (Realization and Development) for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC

Spiders moslty does adventure games but I really liked the lite RPG they did called "Faery: Legends of Avalon "

http://www.spiders-games.com/

I'd forgotten about Of Orcs and Men as well. If they can pull off some good content, they could really change the landscape of the rpg genre, imo. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy playing as an orc/goblin??? With some solid mechanics, this could be one great game.

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom