Guards of the Gate - Coming Soon

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Guards of the Gate is described as a rogue-like RPG game with turn based battles on hexagonal fields. You can view the Steam page here.

Overview

Guards of the Gate is a rogue-like RPG game with turn based battles on hexagonal fields. You control a team of heroes aka Guards of the Gate, who are trying to save the world from the evil Dragon Lord.

Choose your heroes

Select 3 heroes and start the adventure. Fight with several enemies, avoid traps on different places while your heroes are leveling up, learn new skills and get equipment. There are 4 chapters with several dungeon which ends with boss fight.

Improve your tactics

Choose talents and skills, and proper items for hero's build. Every hero has unique talents and skills, furthermore some items can effect power of the heroes. Select wisely! Heroes strength can supplement and strength each other.

Be a strategist!

Hexagonal battlefield and unique characters make able to save the worst situation with the right choose, or lose with a bad decision from a winning position.
More information.

Why on earth comment on something if you got absolutely zero to add ?

Granted it dont look like its breaking any new ground, but its better than alot of the jrpg or mainstream junk throw out these days.

Party based roguelikes are actually pretty rare, there have been a few but none that have stood out. So I'll be interested in seeing how it turns out just for that.

Procedural generation results in repetitive ugly scenes most of the time. I'm not sure *what* is being randomized in this game, though.

Awful English is a bit of a flag. I understand that it's not everyone's first language but it's aggravating if the content hasn't even had a basic proofread.

Back
Top Bottom