Aurion - Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
One Angry Gamer has reviewed the Action RPG Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan:

Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan is a fantasy adventure RPG based around African lore and mythology, developed by Kiro’o Games and published by Plug in digital. Before we get started, I want to mention that I was sent a free steam key to review this game.

I really didn’t expect this game to have so many complex elements to it and that really surprised me. After playing quite a bit of the story, I can honestly say that I don’t think I’ve ever played a game quite like Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan. It is an extremely unique concept.

[...]

Overall thoughts

Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan may not have many flaws, but the few it does have are pretty big ones, enough to prevent the game from running smoothly or having an enjoyable gameplay experience. It feels like the budget was just enough to get the core engine and story going, but they lacked the budget to add a bit more finesse to the overall game to iron out the bugs, so be aware of its flaws if you consider buying this game.

A few people complained about the translation, but I only found a couple of minor spelling and grammar issues, for the most part the game’s English was clear and easy to follow (because I believe the original language is French).

Overall, I think that Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan is an amazingly complex RPG with a detailed story, well thought out characters, a massive amount of lore, and a fast paced unique combat system. Seeing how the game started, and then what it has become now, I can’t help but be impressed by the end result. I would love to see this world expand and continue to grow.

If you can put up with the complicated controls and a few of the more unpolished parts of the game, I think that majority of gamers that love hardcore adventure RPGs will enjoy this game, I know I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the game and the story quite a bit. I highly recommend you pick this one up and give it a try.
More information.

At the risk of being flamed as a grammar/usage Nazi, I have a minor quibble with posts and the use of the word 'unique'.
Unique as a descriptor stands on its own. It means one of a kind. There are no degrees of 'uniqueness'. A thing or person is either unique or it is not. It can't be very unique, pretty unique, or incredibly unique. It's an either/or situation. To use the term otherwise betrays a lack of knowledge and weakens writing.
Some may say that language evolves. It does. This does not excuse laziness and blatantly incorrect usage. Should we all just be reduced to grunting and pointing in the end? I hope not.
Rant off.

I just checked in the vocabulary, it says unique may mean 'rarely seen'. In such context 'extremely unique' seems to be a valid construction.

Back
Top Bottom