King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Review @ RPGamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPGamer reviewed King Arthur: Knight's Tale:

King Arthur: Knight's Tale Deep Look

If the party fails a fight, often replaying that battle with a different approach will yield a new result. This really makes every win feel quite satisfying.

King Arthur: Knight's Tale is a tactical turn-based tactical RPG set in a darker version of King Arthur's legendary story. In this version, the king and his nemesis, Mordred, fought to the death in a cataclysmic battle that decimated both armies. Years later, a plague covers the land
and the undead rise up, led by none other than King Arthur himself. The Lady of the Lake resurrects Mordred to fight off the hordes and finish what he started by slaying King Arthur once and for all. This is where the player enters, controlling Mordred as well as the various knights who join his new round table on the way.

Gameplay is broken up into various sections. The bulk of the time is taken up by missions, each of which takes place on a dedicated map. Each one has a handful of tactical battles, triggered at certain points on the map, and their completion is required in order to finish the mission. A limited number of campfires can also be found, used to restore some armor or health to the team between fights, while careful exploration will turn up small caches of items or money littered around the map. Furthermore, optional battles or events may also be discovered.

[...]

Overall, King Arthur: Knight's Tale has quite a few things working in its favor for fans of tactical turn-based combat. This emphasis on mathematical outcomes during combat rewards players that think strategically. The story, while hardly unique, explores an interesting perspective as the antagonist is forced to defend the people he once attacked in order to fulfill his true purpose in life. However, RPGamers wishing to fully explore the tale will need to invest quite a bit of time and have patience with the repeated, bland backdrops. Those with the patience to do so may find Mordred's journey to be a fulfilling one.
More information.

yup. definitely a better experience. less complexity more substance )

I picked this up last week and will play it when I finally give up on Expeditions Rome, which I'm finding boring as hell…

Maybe we are digressing here, but I have same experience.
Every expeditions title is more complex and looks nicer, but less fun to play.

I am also playing expeditions: Rome and I have to force myself to play it.
It is not bad game, just somehow it is tiresome to play it. :(

Back
Top Bottom