rpgcodex drama

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
I was visiting rpg codex yesterday, and saw some drama. If you don't care about drama, or rpg codex, then feel free to skip this thread. But if you are bored or enjoy drama, then this might be amusing for you.

I was reading a thread where a relatively new poster to their site was being as obnoxious as possible, in every post he made. They would throw out juvenile insults - some of it pretty low and scummy - at every turn. well, if you know or if you don't know, rpg codex has a sort of reputation for being very "loose" and free-wheelin' in their allowing just about any kind of content in their forums, in terms of offensive things.

So it was interesting as I read the thread to see what might happen. I mean, this poster was way, way over the top, and even started throwing out racial slurs. Along with stuff like you might see on some teenage boys MMO server, like "kill yourself!" and you "f-----" (gay slur)
Well, eventually one of the site "officials" said "That's enough" and banned the guy, straight away. lol :biggrin: Just like that.

This was kinda shocking, knowing the codex reputation. Some rpg codex regulars then made some pretty good jokes about the incident. Stuff along the lines of just imagine how bad and obnoxious you have to be to get banned at rpg codex…:p

Here is the thread in question: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...game-reveal-at-the-game-awards.124984/page-13

It starts at around page 7, when this guy starts talking shit. It continues up to page 12 until he gets banned. (and when I scanned it last time for this thread, I couldn't find his posts with the racial slurs, so they might have scrubbed those posts, unless I overlooked them when I scanned it) Updated -- no they are still there. Go to page 12 for an example of his blatantly racist post.

Anyway, the drama continued with the site official (who banned the guy) being sanctioned by the lead guy in charge over there, and his admin powers removed, but that might have been a joke. I'm not sure.

My two cents - (finally) The poster in question totally deserved the banning. I say that as a guy who is a strong advocate for free speech, is very hard to become offended, and against censorship. That said, just read the guy's posts, he was making everyone miserable by his god-awful attitude and low insults. No one should have to put up with garbage like that, not even the barbarians and assorted low lifes at rpg codex…:p:)

(a rare defense of rpg codex and one of the admins (Infinitron) from me)

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of children or the noise they make, sorry :)

Totally understandable...to me it was noteworthy because I have literally never seen someone get banned at rpg codex before, but this shows that even they have limits when it comes to crossing the lines of civil behavior...and good for them.

I'm a Codex veteran and I know that the Codex bans many more users than the Watch. They are also merging and moving threads a lot. Watchwitzing (Autodirecting users to RPGWatch) is another method to tame trolls.

If you want free speech (within the site rules) and laid back moderation the Watch is your best choice.

Totally understandable…to me it was noteworthy because I have literally never seen someone get banned at rpg codex before, but this shows that even they have limits when it comes to crossing the lines of civil behavior…and good for them.
I banned a try-hard white supremacist when I was one of the uberlords there. It was rare, but it even happened in the reign of "give them a rope and they'll hang themselves" Saint Proverbius.

This isn't particularly note worthy. Surely if you visit the hallowed halls of the Codex then you know drama happens all the time?

I'm a Codex veteran and I know that the Codex bans many more users than the Watch. They are also merging and moving threads a lot. Watchwitzing (Autodirecting users to RPGWatch) is another method to tame trolls.

If you want free speech (within the site rules) and laid back moderation the Watch is your best choice.

and Shagnak said: "I banned a try-hard white supremacist when I was one of the uberlords there. It was rare, but it even happened in the reign of "give them a rope and they'll hang themselves" Saint Proverbius.

This isn't particularly note worthy. Surely if you visit the hallowed halls of the Codex then you know drama happens all the time?"

Yea, I don't have an account at rpg codex. I don't visit there enough to have one. To me, it was new (to see someone get banned), but I am not someone who knows the site all that well, in terms of those kinds of forum moderation intricacies like you guys seem to know.

Anyway, I do agree, rpg watch is great for free speech type people. Hell, that is partially why I am here!

The codex: Drama, memes, and a healthy dose of self-importance.

Anyways, the posts that got that guy banned looked like standard codex fare. And would have got him banned on the watch much earlier, I'd say. (Or rather, an early infraction + deleted posts would have discouraged him to continue)

The codex: Drama, memes, and a healthy dose of self-importance.
No.
The codex: breeding ground for amateur trolls.
Apart from very detailed reviews, there is IMO absolutely no reason to visit that site.

I thought this thread is about codexians trying to create some drama here. As it's not the case, well, not interested in commenting whatever same old same old rubbish happening on that site. Cya all in other threads. :)

This was simply an orchestrated attempt to confuse the Watch. You should know better by now. The True Drama goes on beneath the radar.

Dirk Underload didn't really strip poor old Infinitron of his moderator buttons, did he?

Codexian enters Nerd rage: Gains 0.1 points to Strength and Constitution, after ten seconds becomes long winded and goes back to playing Skyrim.

Back
Top Bottom