Save Game Systems - what do you love and hate?

Me !!! ;) :)

Well, at least when it's late at night and I want to go to sleep. ;)

Absolutely - there are so many mistakes to make in adventure games ... whew! I hadn't really played them since Myst on the Mac until a year or so ago, now I have played a bunch! Playing Hotel Dusk on the DS now ... good adventure, filled up with pixel hunts and puzzles and loads of opportunities to get tossed from the hotel and see a 'game over' ... so yeah, I save plenty!

there are so many mistakes to make in adventure games (...) ... so yeah, I save plenty!
EX-ACT-LY. No save, no adventure! Or perhaps a rather short one.

I usually discontinue games without quicksave without giving them a chance. Fable and Bard's Tale included.

Games without proper quicksave function scare me away because I consider them uneccessary timewasters, robbing my life and joy away with meaningless repetition.

I do not feel it adds any feel at all, but rather take it away thanks to building frustration and hate towards the game. When I have to see the same sequence over and over and over again I grow tired. It's bad enough if I have to see the same part twice.

I also lack the ability to play games in 20-30 minute chunks. I need to be able to drop a game exactly when I need to. Sometimes I play for two hours, sometimes for 10 minutes.

And I do not feel like it's a worthy "challenge" either. A challenge to me is to buy a new car, a house, having a kid, getting a good job. That's challenges worth living for. I play games for the experience only. Being someone else for awhile. Someone without chronic Deja Vu.

Yep, I can identify with much of that, except for having more kids!! :)

Back
Top Bottom