Kingdom Come - Review @TrueAchievements

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
TrueAchievements has reviewed Kingdom Come: Deliverance:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Review

Pure escapism is what gamers crave in RPGs. Being transported to a distant land and battling colossal beasts is every player’s dream, and that desire for fantasy is regularly satiated in the games we play today. However, Warhorse Studios has aimed to flip that notion on its head. For a good few years, the developer has been working to create an RPG that focuses completely on realism. With a smaller budget, numerous crowdfunding campaigns and a whole lot of faith, the developers have finally been able to release Kingdom Come: Deliverance and it may well be one of 2018’s biggest surprises.
[...]

Summary

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is the perfect example of a marmite game. Frustrating mechanics can and probably will deter some people. However, those who persist and train themselves to learn the fundamentals will find a gem underneath the initial muck that is the first couple of hours. Being a budget title, there is a slight lack of polish and a few technical issues will arise, but Warhorse has clearly mustered all its effort in creating an immersive world and engaging story. Henry fits the tone of the game very well and exploring the world can bring with it some truly marvelous moments. It has its share of flaws but if you can work around them and really get involved with what it has to offer, you will discover what is probably 2018's biggest surprise so far.

Score: 4 / 5

Positives

• Surprisingly engaging story and characters
  • Highly immersive world
  • Patience with many gameplay elements is justly rewarded
Negatives

• A few incredibly irritating mechanics
  • Technical issues regularly crop up

More information.

Sorry, this game is not good. Reviews seem to be trying to hard to give it a good rating.

IMO, It is actually a very good game. it is buggy and have some balance issues, but still good.

Better than majority of current AAA UbiSoft garbage like Assassin's Creed (Yay to the last one I ever played where sailing around listening to shanties was more fun than playing main story).

Better than EA's AAA garbage like ME:A.

I still liked Skyrim/Fallout4 more, BTW. But mainly due to a sheer size of the game and things to do.

Sorry, this game is not good. Reviews seem to be trying to hard to give it a good rating.

Some find it empty world and they hate it as trashmobs don't drop on your head constantly.
Some, and that includes me, find it rich with variety of content and love it.

Playing the game for a week now.

I really like the game. Putting aside some really annoying bugs i'm enjoying the core mechanics of the game.

Still, i would like to create my character as it helps my immersion. And, yea, saving can be an issue, although many times it forced me to approach some encounters more carefully as intended.

Back
Top Bottom