Ultima 7 Part 1 - The Black Gate - Richard Garriott Interview @ Crispy Gamer

My MAIN complaint about U9 (there were many small ones) was the total change in style to almost an arcade game. Running around in a circle trying to flip a set of levers before they flipped back was NOT what I expect to find in an RPG, never mind in an Ultima game!!

@Gandor Dragon: I invite you back to our newsgroup: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragon. At least to say hello. And we could use some more actvity.

And to the others of you Ultima fans who are not dragons, I invite you to join Ultima Dragons, the Internet chapter (UDIC). You will find the application form here:http://www.udic.org/join.html. The only requirement is that you have played (not finished an Ultima game).

I hope this is not spam, if you think it is, please delete it (those who can)

Pibbur Dragon, official greeter and greybeard
-==UDiC==-
a54d++e++U4567'!S'!89!A!LM

Last edited:
I must admit that i was impressed back then (and stil am) by the concept of developing such an exclusive group of users who rekognize each others by their suffix "Dragon".

Sad that this concept was never used for other games. Even the "guilds" of many role playing games and shooters never used that concept.

The only group I was ever in was noxQs Order, an extinct group of the fans of the RPG "Armalion". The number of them should be around 10 or so.

I don't join any group that would be willing to have me as a member!! :D

I'm still disallowed, cause I actually finished both 8 and 9!! :)

Look at my dragon sig.

Pibbur Dragon
-==UDIC==-

As you can see I finished U9 (9!). And I played U8. So you have no excuse. Unless you simply don't want to join, for some reason

*Ponders how it can be possible for someone to not want to join UDIC*
funny-pictures-cat-watches-you-give-a-cheeseburger-to-the-dog1.jpg

Ultima 8 is the only one I've never finished. Heck I barely played more than an hour. Just couldn't get into it.

Now, I've spent that last 2 years trying to erase the bad taste that U9 left in my mouth!

Ok, translation needed. You attempted by did not finish 4,56, or 8, correct? You finished 9. But hat does the ' mean? And what are A, LM and a54d++e++?

Ok, translation needed. You attempted by did not finish 4,56, or 8, correct? You finished 9. But hat does the ' mean? And what are A, LM and a54d++e++?

a54 = age 54
d - how much dragon you are. d++: "Sometimes I think I must have SOME dragon blood."

e - experience as an ultima dragon. e++: "I am an undisputed greybeard."

A=Ultima Underworld, the great stygian Abyss
L=UU2, the Labyrinth of worlds
M=Martian dreams. (I should have written M!, since I finished that one)

'=the addons to Ultima 7 and Ultima 7.5

Everythng is documented here: http://www.notableultima.com/FAQ/udiccode.html

Nice! Thanks for the explanation.

Back
Top Bottom