Impulse buying is a b*tch

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch
I went to Amazon to buy a power adapter, it cost $13. Since I don't have Prime, I needed $22 more for free shipping. I started thinking what could I buy to take the cart above $35, and I looked up on the Amazon page and my eyes landed on 'VR headsets'. So, thinking it was a sign from the Universe, I added an Oculus Rift with Touch controllers ($600).
Welp, at least I won't be paying for shipping!

Lol. Just bought my son the htc vive for his birthday, supposed to come today. His birthday isn't until April. What are the odds of me not demoing it before then.:biggrin:

Fyi, it would have been cheaper just to buy prime.:lol:

Let us know how the oculus is.

Seems like marketing is working as intended. Im sure that somewhere, in his grave, this brings a tiny half-smile on Joseph Goebbels' face.

Prime is actually a pretty sweet deal. For Prime Canada it's $79 a year ($6.50 a month), and you get unlimited photo storage, free two day shipping on whatever you order, and Prime Video which is like a mini-Netflix. In other words, if you order 1 thing a month from Amazon, it pays for itself.

Same here. Bought the other day a bunch of cheap chinese crap and best thing about it is a box it came out with.

I keep checking out that Nintendo switch thing because the Zelda game looks interesting.....but the prices in Canada seem steep. So, impulse kept in check for the moment! =p

Yikes, at least you havent bought a car as an impulse buy... or have you?

I am protected from impulse buying on Amazon by my intense dislike of Amazon, and that I would rather chew my own leg off than subscribe to their Prime service. However, I did come extremely close to pushing the button on an Oculus the other day, just to see what it's all about. I managed to persuade myself that the waiting game is best for now.

I suggest the appropriate car would be a secondhand Isuzu Impulse (yes there was/is such a thing!)

Also known as a Geo Storm (Handling by Lotus!). It was such a great car, they even made a movie about it!

I am protected from impulse buying on Amazon by my intense dislike of Amazon, and that I would rather chew my own leg off than subscribe to their Prime service. However, I did come extremely close to pushing the button on an Oculus the other day, just to see what it's all about. I managed to persuade myself that the waiting game is best for now.

Yes I told myself I would wait for the 2nd generation headsets.

Steam/GOG is so cheap! I can never buy just one.... or two.... :)

Last month when Amazon got that customer service survey award and did the '$8.62 off $50 or more' I REALLY wanted to take advantage, but we had just recently bough a bunch of stuff and there wasn't much of anything I wanted or needed, but I still tried ...

I started with Lock Laces for my running shoes ($7.99), and pretty soon I had a Lenovo YogaBook in my cart and then stopped and thought "am I SERIOUSLY about to spend $550 to get a <$10 discount"? I was ... but stopped myself.

Back
Top Bottom