Last game you finished, tell us about it

The last battle got me to put the game on easy difficulty. I still died another 10 times at least but I'm sure it helped. Quick save was also my friend in that battle.

I don't remember the final battle being that difficult, but it's been a long time since I played Crysis.

I completely agree about the first half of the game being better. It was similar to the original FarCry in that way. Fighting the human enemies was more fun.

Crysis 2 was a letdown for me. I still haven't played 3.

I liked Crysis from start to finish, and I played it on the hardest difficulty level. The last fight was, indeed, quite hard - and I think I tried it at least 10 times before making it.

I don't know why people didn't like the alien levels - as I found them inspired and very pretty. I could have done without the last fight, but overall it remains one of the most intense and beautiful pure shooters I've played.

Couldn't really tell you specifically why I didn't like the alien level, it just doesn't appeal to me.

I don't care for alien levels, dream states, alternate universe stuff, etc.

Didn't like the fade in DA, Oblivion portals, Scarecrow levels in Batman, Dream sequances in Max Payne, so on and so forth.

Maybe I'm just boring.:lol:

Couldn't really tell you specifically why I didn't like the alien level, it just doesn't appeal to me.

I don't care for alien levels, dream states, alternate universe stuff, etc.

Didn't like the fade in DA, Oblivion portals, Scarecrow levels in Batman, Dream sequances in Max Payne, so on and so forth.

Nah, I kinda know what you mean.

I loved the Fade sequence in DA - the first time, because I was invested in the lore - and found the whole Fade connection with magic fascinating. I hated it with a passion the next couple of times, for gameplay reasons.

So, I tend to feel the same when I'm not engaged in the story. As in, I also hated the Scarecrow sequences in Batman - as I couldn't care less about the story in that one.

I find most such sequences awkward and annoying, but they can work. DA is an exception - as is Crysis. I'm not saying it wasn't annoying to float around in those levels, because it was - but I also think it was a nice change of pace, and the visuals were beautiful. It was appropriately alien - and that was kinda what you'd been waiting for.

So, I guess it all depends on the execution :)

The finale battle was bugged for me so I had to replay it a bunch of times. Really disliked it and was happy when it was over. The last helicopter flight was bugged too. And terribly annoyingly bad controls there and for the tanks. I really enjoyed the FPS action earlier though. Everything else was awful, I thought.

Last edited:
So, I tend to feel the same when I'm not engaged in the story. As in, I also hated the Scarecrow sequences in Batman - as I couldn't care less about the story in that one.

Weird, I loved the Scarecrow levels, and how they took advantage of what the hallucinations, caused by his gas, could look like. I liked weird stuff, especially when it fits and doesn't break immersion.

Not completely.
Fade parts in DAO and DA3 are great IMO.
Oblivion portals is a grinding design crime.
Never played Batman but I promise I will (bought Asylum and City ages ago, still didn't find time to play), Max Payne is banned from my PC.

To be sure if you're boring or not, I suggest buying FarCry3.
I'm interested what will you say about certain sequences in that game, not a dream, fade, oblivion, but… Something even better. :)

Not completely.
Fade parts in DAO and DA3 are great IMO.
Oblivion portals is a grinding design crime.
Never played Batman but I promise I will (bought Asylum and City ages ago, still didn't find time to play), Max Payne is banned from my PC.

To be sure if you're boring or not, I suggest buying FarCry3.
I'm interested what will you say about certain sequences in that game, not a dream, fade, oblivion, but… Something even better. :)

I've got farcry 3 and 4 on steam. Still need to get around to playing them.

It's not the last game I finished and I've mentioned it in another thread.
And I'll have to change my "verdict" where I recommended not to buy.

It's Assassin's Creed Rogue.
No, it's not superb story as fans suggest, it's just a good story. The game contains repetitive stuff but is not boring nor is annoying. Graphically is impressive although people say Unity is even better (hell, who cares for that shit)?
A score I'd put on it would be 6/10.

But I just can't stop listening to it's soundtrack. During the game a different music score kicks in without a reason, not all the time, but each time it happened I just had to stop playing and listen to it. And I've fallen in love with it.

So buy the game now. Don't expect a masterpiece, it's just an above average game and is not RPG which means try to get some 40% or better discount.

Two OST examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13HYB4IHjJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmM6T7bFvCA

Don't these scores belong to an epic RPG and not some generic Ubi crapware? Yes, they do!

And just like in case of EA and their deliberate removal of Lo-Fi Epic from different ME2 OST, I'm mad because even in Rogue not everything from the game is on official OST!
Why am I seeing Ubi constantly doing exactly the same bad things EA did, why is Ubi trying so hard to get on the worst company throne EA used to sit on?

For those who know how to unpack pck files, just to say the best ingame score that is not on the official OST (at least I didn't notice it or is arranged differently) is sounds_sfx_music_153, while From the Shadows from the first link with IMO a better arrangement (over the top guitar removed) is sounds_sfx_music_309 and cloned as sounds_sfx_music_215.

Last edited:
4:13pm est April 10th/15

I just finished PoE:

Not sure what to write here, it was a good game, great game in the begin but seemed to lose something towards the end. Still enjoyable but I think it left me a bit empty at the end.

Maybe I should come back and edit this after some to digest my thoughts on the game.

I guess what I am thinking right now is it just ends, to be honest I thought there was going to be more.

Beginning of the game 9/10 middle 7.5/10 end 5/10 I guess that makes it good game.

Last edited:
Wow! that was fast! How many hours did it take you? I am at around 50 hours, and still haven't done the main quest for act 2.

I always take this week off from work, it is a nice break at the beginning of the year and my children are in school so I get the time to myself. As of Tuesday I turned off my Phone and didn't login remotely to works computers which I never do.

So I am not sure how many hours I put it to be honest, a lot I would say. A few 12 hour plus days, which I haven't done with a game since TW2 which I did book holidays around to play.

I have a great wife that brought me coffee and food for a few days LOL. It was just nice to not have to think of anything and get lost in a game.

Finished Trine 2. Glad it's over as it was less a puzzle game towards the end and more a timing game. I'll be skipping Trine 3 as I'm Trined out for a while I'm sure.

Just finished Demonicon.

If you're a fan of story driven RPGs this is worth a look. There are a fair amount of twists and the story tends to stay fairly interesting throughout. There's a lot of choice and consequence throughout, though the ending is a let down in this aspect.

It uses The Dark Eye rule system (like Drakensang and Blackguards) which tends to make character progression and building quite fun and rewarding. There's a handful of normal stats and skills and you get rewarded for making potions, opening locks, identifying lore, collecting plants etc.

It's an ARPG due to the action combat, which I hate, by it's far from the worst implementation I've ever played. I never found combat to be overly clunky or difficult and the story was good enough for me to push through to the end. I did find that spell points to use for improving spells being rewarded based on spell usage during a fight to be a nice feature.

There are some annoyances worth mentioning though. Demonicon does seem like a budget title (though with very solid writing). It isn't a long game, taking me about 10 hours to complete the entire game plus all the side quests I could find. Levels are fairly railroady and there's limited exploration (think Dragon Age 2). There's also a limited number of game areas and one dungeon gets reused 4 times for different quests. There's also semi limited itemization (this is no Baldur's Gate, but a fry cry from say Of Orcs and Men). It also uses an auto save feature rather than save anywhere which can be quite annoying.

Overall I enjoyed most of the experience and would pick up another RPG by the developer.

I just finished Wasteland 2 and this site scared me a bit because of all the negative comments I read about WL2. I thought it was a great sequel and captures the spirit of the first Wasteland.

I waited 5 or 6 patches so I can't talk about the launch. Really looking forward to playing again with the changes coming this summer. I would say it was a solid 9/10. This is the game that got me into Kickstarter and I consider this the best $500 I have spent in a long time. Even better then cash spent on strippers, booze, and drugs.

Side note: I have played so many fantasy settings lately I think some of my fun was using guns and playing in a gritty world. Please Brian Fargo make a Wasteland 3.

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line and wow what a great game with a completely badass story. In the beginning I thought I was the good guy, the middle I wasn't sure anymore and towards the end I felt I was the bad guy but the very end caught me by surprise yet tied everything together well. If you haven't played this, do it. Gritty, dark and disturbing is how I would describe it.

I don't finish games very often. I usually get 30-40 hours in and get distracted coming back some time later. Subsequently I've got quite a lot of mid game saves on the PC. But I did recently complete Kingdoms of Amular.

It was in three binges over the period of about 12 months. Something like 80 hours all up. The production on the game is very good, art style voice acting etc all well done. Setting is fairly standard fantasy fair, I did find the divisions in the fey houses interesting and the law is quite well developed and also reasonably interesting. I'd consider it a light/casual action rpg, quite MMO like tbh so was fairly easy to pickup after a few months away. The combat is fast paced action style and like many have stated does get a bit easy and a little repetitive towards the end. I played a sorcerer type and enjoyed raining doom down upon all and sundry. Boss fights remain quite good and challenging though. Loot got a bit over the top by the end as well.

It's not an overly complex sort of game. It's quite like Divinity 2 both in mechanics and style. Don't expect deep character building or a plethora of choices and consequences. It really is an rpg-lite kind of thing when you just want to enjoy the setting and reign supreme.

So if you're after a pretty casual (although long), 3rd person action rpg that looks really nice give it a bash.

Edit - worth mentioning.. It was quite stable and bug free on my PC as I recall.

-kaos

Last edited:
Hey Kaos War Mong,

I too have a lot of mid game saves but I seldom go back. The games usually disappear when the hard drives crashes. But how do you get back into the game after what I assume is a multi month absence????

Finished Crysis: Warhead. I found it much easier than Crysis but I think I got used to using the suit especially speed in the harder battles. I enjoyed it but again liked the jungle parts better than the alien parts. Short game and am looking forward to playing Crysis 2 after a bit.

Back
Top Bottom